1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this all go badly wrong?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by miked, Aug 14, 2019.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

And those that came before her. It seems to be an issue where the SNP, Labour and Conservatives all want the same thing - more farmed salmon.

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Equally, we can blame supermarkets for demanding cheap food to offer to us, who want cheap food. By the time any meat or fish product hits their shelves, I suspect the lot of it. It's not quality that's demanded, it's quantity and as cheaply as possible.

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Aye, retailers should have morals and people should know where their food comes from rather than retailers putting fake farm names on plastic packaging and people buy it anyway.

My old boss wouldn't stock Absinthe because he viewed it in the same light as Buckfast but the shop is filled with fish I wouldn't feed to my dogs, fake farm names on products, so called eco-milk, palm oil aplenty, an aisle full of disposable plastic junk.....there is quantity alright!:(

Zou likes this.
  4. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

river cobbler was a prime example.... yet it sold by the bucket load apparently

daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Myself and herself are incredibly lucky: we enjoy lots of the ready made meals and really like not having to wash up all the pots and pans. It's really great that we're such suckers for the commercial crap we're eating. :p

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Typically known as Basa here these days.

7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

And which I wouldn't touch even in full NBC gear.

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Off topic a wee bit but thought the fishing and cooking in this was brilliant....

Go get a cuppa or another beer before watching :)

9. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Except where it’s known as river cobbler

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

They seem to do it as Basa too. However I was more thinking about the branded stuff in the freezers that may look like a premium product to the untrained eye... few herbs and a big box that looks the part.

Wasn't all that long ago that Tesco counters changed from calling it river cobbler to basa and the more expensive ways to buy it seemed to have led the way.

11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Nope. Money talks.

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Aye, friends and relatives of MSPs need jobs. See minutes of the parliamentary debates for further details.

Scots seem to be electing representatives who represent their friends and not necessarily their constituents.

I'd like to go to Canna as it is. More stuff being there is less reason to go.

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It was ever thus everywhere and everywhen. Democracy really only works despite the electees. :(