1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition - APOY 2014

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Yeah!
    Well done Lucie. I considered leaves myself, but just caught my bug when I was going out to take the flowers on the dill.
    Love your leaf. Well done. Hope your back eases off soon. It just affects everything you do, doesn't it?

Kate

2. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Well done the both of you!

I knew my entry wasn't good enough from the start as macro's not one of my strengths. Mind you having not scored at all so far this year it appears I don't have any! :p Lol.

Four more to go and I can see the APOY 2014 round-up headline, "PMurrell got off to an extremely slow start but made up the ground in the final 4 rounds finishing in 3rd overall..."

3. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Round 8 call is open. I had had the entry in mind for a long time, so... early bird this time.

4. Catriona

Good for you!
    I've been playing around getting some new stuff. Gets me out of the house. :)

Good luck,
    Kate

5. PMurrell

Mine's in too!

6. Catriona

Good luck!
    I am really pleased with what I did yesterday and will probably enter that one. First time in a long time I've been really pleased with the work I've produced!

Kate

7. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Go for Catriona! my entry is in, hopefully!

8. PMurrell

Travel Far & Away Round APOY Results

Good selection of images chosen I thought.

9. Catriona

Re: Travel Far & Away Round APOY Results

Did you enter? How did you do?
    It wasn't my scene as I don't take travel pics or nature (much) come to that. When I'm travelling, I am too keen on just enjoying it all. :)

Kate

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

For once I did enter and came nowhere, even thought the image had done well in a club competition:(

11. Catriona

That's a shame, Roger. I wonder if they had a lot of entries?
    Hope the storms die down a bit and our ferry sets sail again! I rely on Tesco for my copy of the magazine. :)

Have you entered this month's? For once, I was pleased with my own entry - which probably guarantees number 101. lol

Kate

12. RogerMac

The trouble with club completions is that there are a lot of them across the country and entering APOY means stepping up at least one level to be in contention, let alone winning. It's the small fish and large pond syndrome. The only other round I ever entered I also came nowhere but DD did pick up my entry to appraise and for that I got a very nice messenger bag which was a fine consolation prize. I have not entered the next round - been too busy collecting entries for the next club comp. I only joined a few months ago and am still keen!

Hope your storms ameliorate - here Reading survived well and I will be going down to the seaside in a couple of days to make sure that did too.

13. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I didn't get anywhere either this month :( just posted in appraisal for feedback
    Black & White is in and fingers crossed!
    I'm still really stuck with major back problems, which unfortunately got worse not better, so I'm having to submit oldies....not ideal, because half the fun is getting out there each month to get something new!

14. Catriona

Poor you! The cold weather doesn't help either.
    Best of luck with your b&w! I managed to do a new one which I liked! Never a good sign with me.
    Fingers crossed!
    Kate

15. PMurrell

Re: Travel Far & Away Round APOY Results

Hi Kate,

Mine did not figure but stuck it on Appraisal thread for feedback.

Roll on Monochrome round! I see a top 5 finish (then I awake. Lol)

16. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Good luck to you too Kate (and Peter!) The 'curse' of liking your shot....I certainly know that feeling! :D

17. PMurrell

Hey Lucie - hope you get better soon!

Even though I didn't make the shortlist this time round (or any other round come to think of it) I feel my photography has improved (thanks to tips/advice from Users & AP) to the point that I was recently notified that one of my images made the shortlist for a major competition that will announce the result come end of the year.

18. Abberline

Abberline New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm new here and was wondering if there is a leaderboard of the top 50 photographers from all the rounds so far, its the first year i've entered and as i'm new to photography I would get a real buzz if my name appeared.
    Thanks
    Chris

19. RogerMac

Hi,

I had expected someone with more experience than me to come in with the definitive answer but as that has not yet happened here is my take:

I only enter occasionally so am not the biggest expert, but I believe that the first 30 names plus their pictures are published in the copy of the magazine now available (last Saturday to subscribers yesterday in the shops) That's what I and others are quoting from at the moment. Next Saturday (25th) a longer list will be published on line and will include year to date results

Hope that's correct and helps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  20. PMurrell

Top 50 entries for this round:
    [TABLE="width: 675"]
    [TR]
    [TD]1 Roberto Binder 50pts
    2 Marta Hawrylow 49pts
    3 Anthony Into 48pts
    4 Jake Rutterford 47pts
    5 Peter Warrington 46pts