1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition - APOY 2014

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Perhaps a popular vote category isn't a good idea after all...
    We could end up with:
    Round 1: Squint horizons
    Round 2: Over-exposed
    Round 3: Boring
    and so on
    and so on...
    :rolleyes:

2. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

Made a deal with myself to enter all rounds next year! Only entered in the last 2, picking my image at the moment for Novembers and have a great idea for shooting December!

Was surprised to see my photo at number 30 in this weeks magazine, wooo!

3. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

You have to laugh!

Just browsing through my 'Sent' emails and just came to the realisation that all of my entries so far this year were sent to apoy@ipcmedia.com instead of apoy@timeinc.com! Lol.

4. avt

avt Well-Known Member

Re: You have to laugh!

Me too)))

5. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it... I realize that I did exactly the same. I wasn't aware of the bloody e-mail change.

6. PMurrell

My fault for being lazy instead of paying attention to detail thinking I was saving time by not having to 're-type' the email address the system remembered from last year's competition.

Oliver - please don't make it worse by informing me that my entries for this year would have still reached your system as this would condemn me as a really crap photographer having not scored a single point this year!

(please don't take the last paragraph literally folks)

7. Catriona

I did the same. I got an acknowledgement though.... but does that mean my masterpiece has got lost? Bummer! :)

Kate
    PS Surely they have a forwarding procedure in place? Ah well.

8. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

I wonder why we continued to receive ackowledgement of entry receipt then?

9. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

IPC Media became Time Inc. (UK) in September. At this time all email addresses etc. were changed. However ipcmedia.com addresses are still accepting emails and, in the case of APOY entries, a receipt should be being returned. All entries sent to an ipcmedia.com address will have been considered after the change if you received an acknowledgment receipt

Regards
    m

10. PMurrell

Drat - thanks Mark :(

11. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

I've amended my post to be clearer, hopefully :), if an entrant has received an acknowledgment (no matter which address, ipcmedia/timeinc, was used) their entry will have been considered.

regards
    m

12. Catriona

No excuses now! Join the club. lol
    Yes, thanks Mark.

Kate

13. PMurrell

It's been a good learning curve for me with all the feedback given on this forum. Most certainly will be putting more thought into my compositions and post-processing.

14. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

Managed to get another top 50 this month. If only I could have combined my first six months of last year and last 3 months of this year I'd be on 242 points - 1st place (dream on)...

Instead, I'm in 27th place (by my own calculation).

I guess it is all about timing ;)

15. Hobbes210

Hobbes210 New Member

Anyone have a full high score table?

Hello, does anyone have a full table of all the point scores they are willing to share?