1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colour Me Pentax

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Alex1994, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Depends has Mr Newson been near it? :D :p

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Here's hoping... :cool:

4. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Colours were with Pentax long before Marc Newson!

I've not strayed much from Classic Black to be honest as I do tend to upgrade, swap, replace as the mood strikes, and black will always sell on eBay or elsewhere, but colours are quite personal. That limits their market for each individual colour.

Having said that, my W90 is in green, very subtle. My X90 was an understated and tasteful steel blue. My I-10 was white. My new Q is back to Classic Black.

The yellow K-01 tempts, the DSLRs in white could be good for shooting weddings, and we have a friend who likes purple, so when she buys a DSLR she has her perfect colour available!

5. Fen

Fen <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #AF7817;">L

I like this comment:

6. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Well we can take that Pentax quality as read I think, but what they have been doing I think, with success, is actually getting the name out there and talked about with a low cost involved with that.

It started with the *istD range, when people complained about the "silly name", but the name got noticed and the cameras were sold.

The colours appeal particularly in Japan it would seem and it gets the cameras noticed. Then they sell.

It's not a bad idea, seems to have worked so far, and if we want to we can always buy black. :)

7. Fen

Fen <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #AF7817;">L

Totally agree :)

8. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Yellow is the new black (to misquote a famous fashion designer). :)

I stick with black because it doesn't attract onlookers or frighten wildlife too much.
    I wonder if they have thought of a custom camaflague finish? That would go well with wildlife fans. :D

9. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Well, Leica did the the R3 Safari some years ago!

10. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

If my Pentax rep is to be believed (and I don't know why he's not), this coming
    fall/autumn there should/will be an announcement forthcoming allegedly/in theory :)

Cheers,

Jack