1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coastal photography

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Alphonso, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Alphonso

Alphonso Well-Known Member

Hi .
    I am heading down to North Devon, ( First time) from Gods own country Yorkshire. This next week, starting Saturday, for a spot of Snapping. Adding yet further to my collection of 19,000 images. That is including Slide and B&W negatives from the good old days. I shall be staying in the Lynton ,Minehead areas. Any suggestions of locations please. I would prefer there to be not much hiking involved, then I can cover ( BAG) more places of interest. I need to try out my recent purchase of 0.9 ND filters..... Many Thanks.

Alphonso

2. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

The North Devon coast between Ilfracombe and Minehead is particularly beautiful. Photogenic spots include the Valley of Rocks at Lynton, Porlock Weir, Lee Bay (just beyond the Valley of Rocks), and Heddons Mouth, about 6 miles east of Combe Martin. Though you don't want too much hiking, there is a good wide path from Heddons Mouth, east towards Lee Bay, which is halfway up the hogsback cliffs, with spectacular views.

There is also Woolacombe Bay, 2 miles of sandy beach, with Morte Point just to the north. If you would like a nice walk, try the coast path from Combe Martin eastwards, over Little Hangman and Great Hangman - spectacular.

Hope I have given you some ideas.

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Is the West Somerset Railway running this time of year?.....lots of places to stop off.

4. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

AFAIK yes, from Minehead to Bishops Lydeard, just outside Taunton.

5. Alphonso

Thanks Everyone for your very welcome replies. I can see I shall have to extend my stay. The locations look mouth watering. I will post some Graphs when I return.
    Cheers
    Alphonso.

6. Just_Dave

Just_Dave Well-Known Member

Never been there myself just done a google map search with images showing Lynnmouth looks fab for night shots Clicky Google Map click on some of the thumbnails also Glen Lyn Gorge waterfall, Lynmouth, Devon looks good HTHs

7. Alphonso

fantastic..many thanks
    alphonso

8. Just_Dave

Just_Dave Well-Known Member

:cool:

9. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

fair old list going here, just add right on the doorstep of lynton/lynmouth Watersmeet, Exmoor: Brendon valley, Tarrsteps, Landacre just too many too mention