1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CNC Woodburner for making portraits on wooden surface

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by boffin, Jun 2, 2016.

1. boffin

boffin New Member

I love to take photos and then give friends gifts. When I was no longer interested in just giving printed photos I was looking for other opportunities to make gifts from photographs. After a long search I found in the Internet the portrait on the wood surface. At first I thought that the portrait is a handmade and burnt by the professional artists, but then I found a CNC woodburner.

I immediately loved this idea - to photograph people and give them their portraits on the wood. I was digging some money and bought myself a CNC! Here's what I got:

[​IMG]

How it works:

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

That looks like way more fun than lightscribe. Thanks for sharing :)

boffin likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

So that's how it is done. I have recently seen a set of 3/4 size portraits burned onto waney edge boards at either Erddig or Bodnant that are clearly photographic in origin, reproduced from old photographs of staff. They look very striking indeed.

4. boffin

boffin New Member

Yes, portraits made by lightscribe prints by contours. Typically, vector files (eg Corel Draw ) used for lightscribe. Shadows are very important for a analog portrait.
    CNC have shadows depth adjustment.

Now I have order for 4mm plywood cover for wedding album) People love it!