1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarkson...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dangie, Mar 10, 2015.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Not too keen on the female options on that list. Would prefer Jessie Lang although not sure she's fully recovered from her autobahn smash.

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Ahh, my mistake. I thought a day or two ago this may have been the case :)

3. Olderbutnotwiser

Olderbutnotwiser Well-Known Member

If we took all of the "in my day..." posts out of this thread it would take so much less time to read.:D

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Viki Butler-Henderson sounds like an eminently qualified replacement.

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

All that giggling and getting all excited about a wee bit power on oversteer every time....she's even more predictable than Hammond!

Was laughing a bit at 5th gear last night....at the start when Tiff started talking it came up with some text under him saying something like journalist and professional racing driver. Then when Viki started talking it skipped the professional bit :eek:

Car shows should be presented by people whose first names start with J.

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Who was the German (I think) lady who drove a van round a race circuit faster than the three goons? Or is my ageing brain cell failing me?

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Sabine Schmitz?

Adrian

8. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Ah yes! That's who I was thinking of. See she has (amongst other stuff) her own motoring show on German TV.

9. art

art Well-Known Member

Thing is, I suspect the popularity of Top Gear is mainly because it's not really a motoring show as such, it's more a sort of Lad's TV show with Clarkson as chief 'lad'.

I'm sure the shortlisted replacement presenters all have their merits but they are not Clarkson replacements and any new show won't be Top gear as everyone knows it. That will please many people and upset many others. Given that it was Clarkson who made the show as popular as it has been, and certainly more popular than it ever was, then it seems likely that more people will be upset than pleased.

Anyway, time will tell.

10. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

As many of the cars driven on Top Gear are nothing more than male "penis extensions" I think VBH would enjoy it very much....

:eek: :eek:

11. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Rumours have it a new show with the trio might be appearing on Netflix.

The BBC are certainly now in a mess over the live shows.

[​IMG]

12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

13. art

art Well-Known Member

So, surprise surprise, the police will be taking no further action after concluding their investigations.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32202245

Talk about a waste of police time, given that the chap in question had already said he didn't want to press charges.

14. alindsay

alindsay Well-Known Member

The police investigated on their own initiative, not at the request of anyone else, so it's not as if anyone else has been wasting police time ...

15. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Just the police......

16. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I would imagine that as someone required treatment at A&E due to an assault, the police were duty bound to investigate. If this is so, quite correct in my opinion.

17. alindsay

Police have a duty here.

18. art

art Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but I wonder if the police have ever prosecuted anyone for assault when the victim didn't want to press charges? Reports suggest it was a split lip, which I imagine happens everyday in a playground somewhere in the country - do the police have a duty for all such incidents?

In this case, the culprit reported the incident himself and the 'victim' didn't feel the need to press charges. It was only the media's obsession with Clarkson that blew it all out of proportion.

Oh well, it's done and dusted now.

19. Olderbutnotwiser

Olderbutnotwiser Well-Known Member

As this is the 279th posting on this thread it would appear it's not just the "media" that is obsessed.

20. alindsay

Slightly tangentially, if the police did not investigate cases where the victim did not want to press charges, that would leave the field wide open for effective victim intimidation.