1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarkson...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dangie, Mar 10, 2015.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Isn't his contract up this series- might they finish him and the programme and just let Sky employ him...

3. art

art Well-Known Member

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who holds the rights to the name - is it the BBC or a Clarkson production company? In other words is it possible for the show to move, in its entirety, to another channel?

5. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

As I remember (because I was cross at a waste of licence payer's money) Clarkson sold his 50% share in Top Gear to the BBC a couple of years ago. Millions changed hands.

I don't have Sky so I think it would be a very good idea if he moved there.

6. Bejay

Bejay Well-Known Member

#notnews...

7. Olderbutnotwiser

Olderbutnotwiser Well-Known Member

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

It would appear many people are keen on his return.

Personally, I like Top Gear. I find it funny, irreverent and entertaining. So much television is either soap operas or "reality" shows - it's nice to occasionally have something a little different. It's not to be taken seriously - and neither is Clarkson.

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

But (nice shot) makes the cover of The Times :)

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I don't particularly like him, but do think if he didn't exist, someone would have to invent him.

HOWEVER, you can't go around punching people at work, whoever you are - not unless you're a boxer, anyway. ;)

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

or John Prescott

11. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I think that he's a dreadful man. He's the one and only reason that I stopped watching the programme.

Has anyone ever read one of his newspaper pieces? I was stupid enough to buy a book (remaindered somewhere) of reprints. I threw it away after about 40 pages. Each and every piece was the same - pick a target and then be gratuitously offensive about it.

MickLL

12. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe he has only presented the programme since 2002, I thought he always had.

Does anyone know who the previous presenter was?

13. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Sounds like some threads here.

OK, own up. Which of you guys is really a noisy three-year-old called Clarkson?

:D :D :D

[​IMG]

14. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

15. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

Angela Rippon...

Clarkson started on Top Gear in 1988, the show was 'revamped' into it's current format in 2002.

16. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

I find him loathsome. Someone should punch him back - then sack him.

Regards, Mike

17. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

Isn't Clarkson Farage in disguise?

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I find him entertaining.....was creasing myself the at the modern Peugeot drivers bit the other week although SWMBO was less amused as her folks drive one :D

But yes, punch him back then sack him. And give May a pay rise.

19. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Probably in the minority on the forum but I agree. (Although it does have it's boring features.)

20. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Mick,

Same here. His books really are ghastly, or at least, the one I tried to read was: I made the same mistake as you, except that it may have been a charity shop instead of a remainder shop. Or maybe I was given it. Come to think of it, that seems most likely.

But he does appeal to an anti-intellectual redneck audience, even though (I strongly suspect) he is neither anti-intellectual nor a redneck: merely a deeply unpleasant opportunist.

Cheers,

R.