1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas fridge magnet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Oct 13, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

For the last 2 years I have made a daft Christmas card for family and 1 or 2 friends. Last year I did it in the form of a fridge magnet, also in a grungy style. I intend to do the same this year for family and just one family friend. We don't and haven't sent cards for years.

Anyway I took this photo of a lonesome sprout on the pavement that I saw today and turned it into the photo for the magnet thinking it was funny (ish).

Just realised now that as my mum is widowed, my SIL is divorced as is the one close friend I intended giving it to and my brother and his wife are as good as finished. Perhaps I need to go back to the drawing board!

[​IMG]Christmas sprout by Nigel G, on Flickr

Should I just have them made, or is that being a bit cruel?

This thread is not as early as Kate's Christmas thread last year!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    ascu75 likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Too close to the bone I'd say.

EightBitTony, Catriona and Learning like this.
  3. dream_police

So, I need another caption for my sprout then.

Do your best....

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Last Christmas I gave you my fart.

AndyTake2, neilt3, saxacat and 4 others like this.
  5. dream_police

That made me laugh, thanks Martin.

ascu75 and EightBitTony like this.
  6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Assuming that your Mum, sister in law, close friend, brother are all near by then you could just have 'em round for roasted goose on Christmas Day. Habib's minibus taxi could get them home again with a sober driver. (Other taxi services might be available.)

ascu75 likes this.
  7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I looked at the image before reading it and thought it was brexit related and brilliant but after reading the text I would avoid it like the plague.
    Sorry

ascu75 likes this.
  8. dream_police

They are all coming to us for Christmas. Unless we are away it is generally the case.

9. dream_police

I agree. As I say I made it before thinking.
    Re the sprout, my wife saw it before I did and she thought to herself that as soon as I saw it I’d be taking a photo. I then arrive and photograph it. She knows me too well!

re your Brexit remark. Good idea. Can just add “without EU” as the next line.

10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are very lonely at Christmas (and other festival times), and so this is generally too close to the bone, _unless_ you're using it as part of the campaign to get people to go and visit those who might be alone at Christmas.

For me personally, even with the 'Without EU' on it, it'll risk reminding people that they are alone. You know them better than us.

dream_police likes this.
  11. dream_police

Yeah. I’ll not be using that phrase. Even though I am a massive piss taker and folk know I don’t mean anything by it, I’ll not do it. Wouldn’t want to upset them at all.

EightBitTony likes this.
  12. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

"Happy Birthday Baby Jesus - Here's a Sprout!"

Cheers, Jeff

dream_police likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

"A sprout is not just for Christmas, ... oh wait, yes it is."

dream_police likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You know he's properly grown up now, right?

ascu75 likes this.
  15. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

...and if what I've read is to be believed, he'd have a bit of a problem catching a sprout if I threw one to him.

Cheers, Jeff

neilt3, dream_police and ascu75 like this.
  16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Don't think the nails were that big, but the lad's omnipotent anyway.

17. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Send it, as you say they know you and nuffin is meant by it other than a piss take at their situation! it's their faults that they give you ammunition for jesting at their misfortune! Your just the joker not the joke!

18. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I love the fact your wife knew you would take the photo! They know is so well don't they! Because I am stuck in the wheelchair in the back of the car my wife will drive past something pull over and g et out and take a photo and get back in and then say I knew you would want a photo of that! She is a mind reader as well as my carer! X Don

Gezza, John Farrell and dream_police like this.
  19. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

All I want for Christmas is... one.

dream_police likes this.
  20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

peterba likes this.