1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheesegrater

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by beatnik69, Oct 6, 2019.

1. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

This isn't an original idea, but I wanted to have a go at it just as a technical exercise. It's not particularly difficult to do, but not quite as easy as you would think.

[​IMG]Cheesegrater by Gary Robinson Photography, on Flickr

Dan S and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Not so easy to clean either, it seems!

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I saw a similar image on Facebook this week, captioned with the words 'This reminds me of every rap video made in the 90s ever'. Which isn't all that far from the truth. Personally I think it's a lot of fun to make macro images of things reflected in a cheese grater - keeps me amused for ages.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think you are seeing reflections, not bits!

5. beatnik69

yes, I saw something similar on Twitter, saying it looked like a nightclub. I actually took this on a 10-20mm lens. I did try my macro lens, but it's 90mm so was just a bit awkward.

6. beatnik69

yep, it's definitely clean. There may be one or two stray fibres from the pot scrubber used to lean it though.

Catriona likes this.
  7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

It's far shinier inside than mine is - and less tatty in the bargain...:rolleyes::D

beatnik69 likes this.
  8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

And so to the shot: I think with f22, you could probably have focused 1/3 way down the thing and had the depth carry to the end? Looks to me like the focus is on the handle at the far end.