1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check out my website

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by capturedmoments, Apr 27, 2016.

1. capturedmoments

capturedmoments New Member

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The site itself works well enough, but the content is nothing special to be totally honest. The woodland shots mostly look a bit washed out and the railway shots are just lazy grabs from platforms with no evidence of real thought with regard to composition or the railway environment.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Hi Mike or Isaak, you don't give us much to go on about yourselves. Anyway, hopefully some constructive comments.

1. On the website overall, I find the layout a bit confusing, the different sections behave in different ways, and while I was scrolling through images, in the background, the website was also scrolling through them, which was a little confusing.
    2. On the images themselves, there are some interesting topics (and some classics), but some of the technical elements need work. For example, the image of the railway tracks (http://capturedmoments2016.wix.com/capturedmoments#!untitled/zoom/c1px/dataItem-imwcohhs1) has some serious focus / blurring issues, and it's not clear what you were trying to show us. The house (http://capturedmoments2016.wix.com/capturedmoments#!untitled/zoom/c1px/dataItem-imwcohhv) isn't level, so the walls are at an angle, and the roof has more space above it at one end of the frame than the other. I like the contrasting colours in the daffodil picture (http://capturedmoments2016.wix.com/capturedmoments#!untitled/zoom/c1px/dataItem-imwcohhm) but the focus seems a little bit soft, and it could be a little brighter.

So, it's a good start, and it's great to share things that you found interesting, but if you want people to enjoy them as much as you, keep at it, keep working on the technical elements and always try to remember what story the picture is trying to tell.

4. amy carter

amy carter New Member

I like it, i love nature photography

5. LesTele

LesTele Well-Known Member

Take some good photographs. It's a "meh" from me. Don't go on about the limitations of your equipment in the 'About us'.

Knock our socks off with the quality of your images.

Not happening at the moment.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Told me I was using an outdated version of Internet Explorer and wanted me to update by clicking a link. Wrong on so many levels.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi! Looks to me like you guys had a lot of fun making that and I hope you continue to enjoy making pictures and sharing them. I did find it difficult to cope with the images moving around - I'm a bit of a control freak and I like to decide how long I look at something before it disappears and moves onto the next image rather than having that dictated to me.

8. Marekz

Marekz Member

Good effort..photos look bit more common. Feel those have to have to some sense of uniqueness and special about them. It seems the site is created using wix.com, may be it's the time to move to wordpress, tons of more plugin, features and support

9. Grace Deane

Grace Deane Well-Known Member