1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebration of Life for Tom Abrahamsson (rapid winder/softies fame)..

Discussion in 'Leica Camera Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Just in case of the Leica users here, aside from Tim Franklin, used the "Rapidwinder" and/or "Softies -- Soft Releasies", the manufacturer of them, Tom Abrahamsson, passed away in January of this year and there was a Celebration of Life for him, last Friday April 7th, which I attended along with several hundred other people, including Stephen Gandy (Voigtlander fame, I believe) and a few photographers from America, Europe and the UK ..

Tom Abrahamsson -- shot by myself with my Konica Hexar AF at a camera swap meet April 2016 ..

Apr24-16-AP-Tom_BW-_29_00023 copy 3.jpg

Cheers,

Jack Simpson

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Jack,

The dear man gave me a Rapidwinder for my M2, which I like very much: I met him a couple of times at photo shows. He is sadly missed.

Cheers (not quite the right word),

R.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I had (still have at least one) several Softies, which really worked, and used to chart with Tom on the Leica Users Group occasionally, always came over as a very decent guy indeed.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. Done_rundleCams

He is, indeed,Roger, sadly missed, and he was a regular at camera shows and swap meets .

Regards,

Jack

5. Done_rundleCams

He was a very decent fellow, Nick, and I had a few friends, both Leica and non-Leica users, who
    asked if they could meet him and quiz and chat with him about photography :) He never denied,
    if he had the time available and, they -- the inquisitors -- would buy the coffee ;)

Cheers,

Jack