1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon shutter count wanted

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by pixelpuffin, Oct 25, 2017.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a link that I could use (Win 10) to get the shutter count for 7D & 100D?

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I have used Eoscount.com and it worked well (6D) - but it is chargeable

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I used Eoscount when it was free, worked fine. Be careful with free software for shutter count, there is a lot of malware.

4. pixelpuffin

That's what I'm afraid of, hence asking if anyone had a link.
    Don't know why canon make it so bloody difficult. It is relatively easy to find on the panasonics without the need to hook up to a PC

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Not all Canon EOS cameras can reveal their shutter count either, so make sure the specific model is supported by whichever solution you do find.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Why do you want to know? I suppose a 7D, being a sports camera, used exclusively in burst mode may come close to wearing the shutter out but the body would probably look pretty shabby by then anyway.

7. pixelpuffin

I have never once used burst mode. Only single shot, but even that racks up 6-800 shots each match. Virtually every one is sharp it's just a case of timing it right. My biggest barrier now is getting consisting exposures due to the changing weather.
    The 7d only had 1,500 when I got it. So after a year I'm curious to know. The 109d I only got 2wks ago (couldn't cope with the MFT - sold everything except GF2 14, 25 & 12-32, sampled 4 body's 6 lenses and my total loss is in roughly £90 out of pocket - not too bad)
    Back to the 100d.... I'd like to know the shutter count just for peace of mind, it looks new, came boxed with all its bits. I've paired it with the 24mm STM. I'm loving it

8. PeteRob

OK that's quite a lot, several per minute. How on earth do you sort them all out! Depending on how often you reset the frame counter you can get some estimate from what that has read else 700 x number of matches will bet you close enough. I'd think a camera in regular use would do rather more than the 150,000 or so they spec the shutter for so you should get comfortably more than 200 matches worth out of it.

9. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

In July this year, I'd had my 7D2 just over 2 years. At that point the shutter count was 76,666 activations. It's rated for 200,000.

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I reckon your finger will wear out long before the shutter does.:D

11. PeteRob

300 matches then!

My lightroom "kept" count is about 20k images, so say I deleted 2 for every one kept, that's about 60 k images over ten years. I doubt it is that many really. That's three cameras mostly - not many on a compact I had for business travel.