1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Instruction Manuals & Software CDs

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Malcolm_Stewart, May 4, 2010.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

This web page lists available Instruction Manuals and Software CD packs for recent DSLRs.

Other manuals are available from this page.

Any chance of making this a sticky?Indeed - Mod.

(No connection with the Robert Scott organisation other than as a satisfied customer etc., but we do seem to get an awful lot of queries which could be solved by a people ordering a replacement set of CDs, and a Manual.)

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

3. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

there has been many a request here for free!! download of manuals, and as far as i remember they are a payable item, your link takes it to 5D manual, can you provide a link as to where exactly you started to achieve the download ? if its free then i think it would be a very usefull link

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Downloads can be found from here.

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

One of our most common requests is where people don't have the software CDs, and whilst the files are obtainable from various Canon sites, the files are normally of the "upgrade" variety, and frequently won't install unless the computer has already had similar files installed. Registry hacks are available*, but for many people it's got to be much simpler, and safer, to buy a replacement CD.
    *and I've linked to them quite frequently.

My s/h "mint" 1D Mk III came without original manual or CDs, and I completed the purchase via the site I linked to.

6. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmm, have i lost the plot completly :D or perhaps i never i had to start with :eek: for some reason i remember loads of enquiries for manual downloads, because i lost it, bought it second hand etc, the reply was always not available free you would have to purchase a replacement, now you show me official place to download from canon :D

or am i confusing this with something else that people quite often enquired about ?

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Can't say I can ever recall a request for a downloadable manual that's not been pointed to the Canon USA site. Hard copy manuals are always chargeable, though.

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

ah right hard copies, just read malcoms post, (see below) perhaps that was what i am getting confused with

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Just went to canon.co.uk tab "download software and user manuals" is where I always start looking for software updates - the usa link was nicer to use - only been there once to get the DPP upgrade for rotating images as it was released in USA before Europe. True I didn't consider difference between electronic version and pretty-printed booklet which of course would be chargeable.

10. fivefiftydee

fivefiftydee New Member

Moderators Note: Post removed due to self publication and promotion of links at your own site. Contravenes AP Forum rule:

8c) Links to corporate/commercial sites are acceptable so long as they are by way of offering a solution to another's problem, and you have no connection to the linked organisation.

A full copy of the AP Forum Rules can be found here.

11. Shaun1970

Shaun1970 Well-Known Member

Re: Canon Instruction Manuals & Software CDs

I'm after getting the 1000d copy for my Dad and the cost seems a little steep. I reckon the price is mainly for the software though.

12. Loose_Canon

Loose_Canon Well-Known Member

Canon Europe used to be a pain re manuals so we used to go to USA site.
    However I have had no problem downloading from canon uk manuals and software.
    One can download manuals for quite old equipment, recently I did a 550Ex flash and a ML3.
    You can also download all software - Canon realise you may have a computer without a CD drive - but you will need to enter a serial number for the camera you are downloading software for, and will then have to update it.

13. AlexDenny

AlexDenny Well-Known Member

I actually found Cannon UK very helpful in this regard. I bought a second hand 1000d without the software disk, and emailed Canon about the EOS utility. They pointed me to their download site where you can download the software for free, so long as you have the serial number of your camera. This was put in place as a lot of new netbooks and tablets don't have CD drives.

The manual was also pretty easy to find and download online.

I think that you might need a disk or to use one of the (pretty simple) registry edits to install photo stitch, but there are so many freeware programs out there that do the same thing, there's no real need. The most important thing is the right RAW conversion which, as I say, you can download for free by registering your serial number.