1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Eos 5DS R review w.e. 27 June 2015

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the review, and more thanks for making available full size downloadable image files.

When the pair of cameras were first announced, I found and was able to download full size original image files from Canon. Since then, apart from your image file downloads earlier today, all original sized images from the 5DS / 5DS R have downloaded and have then not opened, giving an error message instead. Well Done AP! (I haven't had this problem with any other large jpeg downloads.)

Interesting how little depth of field there is in the portrait shot, even though F/14 was used.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

yes indeed thanks for the review. If you still have them how does the MRAW compare with the 5D III and SRAW with the 5D?

3. Andy Westlake

Andy Westlake AP Staff

I'd love to look at this, but unfortunately just don't really have the time to do it properly. Apparently we still have to make an edition of AP for you every week, so I'm already onto the review after next (the rather lovely Fujinon XF 16mm f/1.4R WR).

Andy Westlake
    Technical Editor, Amateur Photographer

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Understood. Please bear it in mind for a future article(s). With my cameras I have never considered using the reduced file sizes but it strikes me these options become more attractive for general purpose use as the pixel count goes up. I'd also be interested in how they work - just turning pixels "off" or performing an average over neighbours.