1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameras and unique colours.

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

As Pentax seems to be the only manufacturer willing to go that little bit further and offer cameras in more unique colour combinations, given any style under the sun, how would you have your camera look to make it totally unique to you? :)

I would go for a friesian cow print, but in deep blue and orange rather than the usual black and white, or the classic camouflage pattern, again in blue and orange. I really like those conflicting colours.

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Assuming one could design ones own I would supply an image based upon portraits of my grandchildren

3. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

I would have mine prominently black with a bit more black.

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I'm with Frank1.

Atavar, I'm beginning to think you need help :p

S

5. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Blacker than black? None more black? Black like priests' socks or a Spinal Tap album? :D

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Black, with no shiny bits on it at all!

I thought for a minute that I was going to get a camera which would deal with all colours in front of it! Bluebells. reds (Nikon, huh!), violets etc etc. Now that would be good.

7. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I would have it look like my old Spotmatic.

8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I'm more or less with Frank and Kate, but perhaps a slightly darker shade. :)
    Apart from the control markings, of course.

9. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

How about gunmetal......ok, I'll get my coat.

But really, something that really didn't scare the wildlife, such as dark green. Boring but practical.

10. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Titanium

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Now, you say black, but would that be Mat Black, Gloss Black, Jet Black, Obsidian Black, Neon Black (a black which changes the UV wave form to visible black making it double black) The colour that is black, the colour which is another colour but so deep is actually black, or the black which is simply the absence of light?

As long as the Pentax advertising department does not approach me, you have nothing to worry about. Don't forget, they made the Option RS1000 which you could print off and make your own front body panels for ;)

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/digital-compact/optio-rs1000-chameleon.html

12. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

How about a black hole that sucked in all the light around it so it became invisible. Just being a bit silly now. Can you get black LED lights? :confused:

13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I guess I was being a bit disingenuous saying black earlier.
    Since I deliberately chose a red leather purse and a red leather wallet, so that I could find the darned things in my (ergonpomic) shoulder bag, I guess I should choose the same for my runabout town camera.
    Naaah!

Black on black!

Kate

15. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

If I admitted to knowing what this is in relation to I'd have to spend a year dead for tax reasons ;)

That's a refreshing change. A camera that looks like a brick wall opposed to endless pictures of brick walls from cameras... :)

16. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I used pretty much that excuse to buy a tough-compact because it had some orange on it. Who am I kidding, I bought it because it had orange on it :eek:

Coincidentally, Pentax made what is considered (by some) to be the reddest SLR ever invented in the form of the K-x:

Front: http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pentax-k-x-red-2.jpg

Back: http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/pentax-k-x-red-3.jpg

That's a whoooole lotta red.

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Never heard of one evolving into a Pentax before.

S

18. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Years ago, I thought of having one of my Leicas painted red.

Then I realized that would be silly as well as quite expensive.

So: black.

Cheers,

R.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The gunmetal Q-S1 with red leather is quite fetching. If it were a Leica a la carte though, I'd go for black brass and ostrich leather.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well yes, after all see how much it costs with just the dot painted red. ;)

Still peanuts compared to the Leica Geosystems 3D laser scanner which was being used at work the other day. That was the thick end of £100k or so. :eek: