1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera settings stylus 1s

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by garyou, Sep 27, 2017.

1. garyou

garyou New Member

Hi can anyone advise on this:

I have a stylus 1s for photographing products for our websites. I use automatic mode as I don't know where to start in manual however I need to get images that are fantastic for a new major item and if anyone can help it would be great.

I have 5 of the Chinese eBay CFL daylight rigs plus a 8' white back drop and a white space that is 15' X 15' to use along with a decent tripod and WiFi shooting from my phone. I need images that are bright, vibrant and crisp. In automatic the pictures are ok, I use Photoshop CS to help get the brightness and vibrancy and cut out, I can't get the crisp sharp image I'm needing though. Also I have noticed the image files are only around 3 meg which doesn't seem much.

Largest item is approx 4' high machinery.

If I was to use manual mode what would be the best settings and picture mode? , if anyone can help I need the advice in an idiots guide to format.

Thanks for reading.

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Just for a start i would make sure that you are using single point AF and the best quality available. After that I would take the results directly into a computer via the card missing out the phone completely.
    After that look at the camera and lens you are using, a superzoom is really marginal for this particular job.