1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera Fair, Leeds – this Sunday (October 26th)

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Ploy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Ploy

Ploy Well-Known Member

Well, not quite Leeds. It’s advertised as Leeds but it’s actually in Boston Spa which is 16 miles North East of Leeds city centre. It takes place at:

Village Hall
    Boston Spa
    West Yorkshire
    LS23 6AA

This is quite a small fair but there will be a good selection of quality collectable & modern secondhand film cameras and one or two dealers with digital SLRs, lenses etc. Most vendors are willing to haggle, some accept credit cards and many will be happy to accept part-exchanges or buy your equipment outright. Parking is free and drinks & snacks are available.

The official opening time is 11am but you can probably get in a bit earlier if you pay an ‘early-bird’ entrance fee.

Further details from the organiser: M. Haunch tel. 07979 913156

Peter Loy

2. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

It would be really nice to get a feed-back report from anyone who attends the various events during the year. Just a few lines to say how well organized it was, attendence, range of equipment etc etc.

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I get to visit quite a few. Mainly in the Home Counties (North) area, but sometimes the NW and Midlands as well.

Any specific venues of interest?

4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

No specific venues, just that I thought it would be interesting for people on here, myself included, to read two or three lines about these events once in a while.

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I was at the Potters Bar fair yesterday.

I thought there was an excellent range of photo gear on offer, from probably late Victorian folding cameras right through to modern digital. There was a little darkroom equipment, and a few microscopes and binoculars were also offered. What were missing in any number were Canon's big white lenses, although I did see one. It's good to get sight and feel the weight of these before making a purchase!

The venue has adequate parking, is easy to get to and refreshments are available.

I came away with good condition items to add to my Zorki collection, and a sensibly priced Canon BP511A.