1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling All Panasonic GX80/85 Owners (Or Similar), Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Thomas Keidan, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Thomas Keidan

Thomas Keidan Member

Can anyone with a panasonic GX80/GX85 or very similar model let me know how the camera fares when taking urban night photography? I'm struggling to find any samples. Thanks

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

This is an impossible to answer question. It is the photographer not the camera who determines the results.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  3. Thomas Keidan

Thomas Keidan Member

I mean with regards to noise etc! I'm aware there are many subjective points to this!

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

looking at the specs and applying common sense I'd think, properly exposed, noise would be controlled at iso 6400. This is the case with my Canon, which has about the same pixel density and age.

Whether that is of any relevance to "urban night photography" I haven't a clue.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Indeed. All the current cameras will be much of a muchness. Your best bet is to pick a camera that appeals to you for gross reasons like appearance and just get out taking pictures.

6. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Have you actually handled the GX80? I only ask as I purchased one blind based on spec's and online reviews.
    I knew within 5 minutes of opening the box it was the wrong camera for me. It was actually returned the same day. No one mentions the awful knocking the IBIS does when the camera is switched off. The 14-140mm was the same. It made me cringe every time.