1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all countryside photographers!!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by BethWW, May 9, 2017.

1. BethWW

BethWW New Member

Hi there, I'm new to the website and have a mission for you amateur photographers :) My Dad writes for The Automobile magazine and is finding it increasingly difficult to source items for one of his features - 'Finds & Discoveries' - so I'm hoping perhaps you can help. Essentially what we need is photos (that you are happy to be published in the magazine) of old vehicles abandoned in barns, hedges, fields, deserts, etc. and the more photos the better. A nice 'glamour shot' would be great, but also close-ups of any identifying features (registration plates, badges, hub-caps, chassis or engine numbers, dash board, etc.) and shots from different angles.

Have any of you seen any old vehicles (any state of repair or disrepair!!) abandoned around the countryside? Or even in the city or abroad? Have you already photographed these vehicles (could be cars, motorbikes, buses, vans, anything with an engine really), or are there any you know of and would be able to go back and photograph? If you can message me with any photos you have (that you would be happy to contribute to the magazine) along with details of location, date of discovery and anything else you think might be interesting, I'd really appreciate it. Plus you get to see your photos in print!!

Many thanks in advance!

Beth

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Hi Beth,

How much does the magazine pay for each image?

Scphoto and Roger Hicks like this.