1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendar time again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Catriona, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Just spent three hours fiddling around on PhotoBox website, but managed to get my slimline 2019 calendar done (I hope!).

On a special price at present and I ordered 10 of for total price, including packaging, of £70.49.

This was my morning's work thanks to my kid sister's fervent plea for another of my calendars for next year. It seemed weird doing it now, but I thought I'd let others know in case you want to get it out of the way too!

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

On a similar note (as I assume these are for xmas), I have just had some fridge magnets made for a select few for Christmas (we do not send christmas cards to anyone). This year 5 lucky people will get a christmas fridge magnet instead of a card that they wouldn't get anyway. There was a 40% offer on at snapfish, so had these done and one piece of art of Becky's scanned into a JPEG also as a large ish magnet.

[​IMG]christmas 2018edited by Nigel G, on Flickr

Is this the earliest christmas thread ever?

3. Catriona

Yes!
    There's something sad, touching and anarchic about this image. Love it!

dream_police likes this.
  4. dream_police

Thanks. It was sad that it was only taken a few weeks ago, not even at Christmas time. It was in a recess on a wall outside of a church near to Henley on Thames. I would love to know if it had been there since christmas. It wasn't even rearranged or posed by me either, exactly how it was.

Catriona likes this.
  5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I only tried to make a card once - it took me several days to figure out how to put "Happy Christmas" on the picture using GIMP - and last year I couldn't remember or figure it out at all. So 5 months warning is probably a good thing.

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  6. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

Nice to know I’m not the only one making an early start.

I’ve got a huge chunk of my xmas presents bought and store ready to be wrapped up.

I’d rather buy just a couple of larger gifts nearer the time, and have some money over the Christmas period.

7. Catriona

Well I look at some of my early 'manipulations' and I'm sure Elements must have done them when I wasn't looking! I doubt I could do them now!

8. Catriona

Yes, I've thought about a couple of presents already, so I might make a start too on that front. :)

9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder. I just ordered a ton of base, a couple of new moulds and some colours so I can make a start of making presents for Xmas

Catriona likes this.
  10. retrofit

@Catriona
    A good idea if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle around xmas and just get on with the wrapping.

11. retrofit

Is the forum doing a secret santa?

12. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

We aren't allowed to tell you

dream_police likes this.
  13. Catriona

No

14. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Shhhhh

Catriona likes this.
  15. dream_police

It makes me think of the sad, old, drunk Santas that one imagines on the sidewalks in NYC. I went to NYC one Christmas time and was really disappointed that we didn't see any. Mis-sold by Hollywood again.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Perhaps members could show us their most cliched and predictable 'Christmas' images, and the best (worst?) one could be submitted to AP in their annual Christmas Cover competition... I'd go for a 1980s 'Back in the day' bikini shot and say it was taken in Australia on Christmas day. Or to avoid the politically-correct police, it could just be an empty beach with a shark fin in the middle of the shot...

17. dream_police

I showed last years card on here that 2 people were given (again the only card we sent) I doubt whether people would want to see it again. ;)

18. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

19. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Seems to elicit quite a strong negative response :) I asked last time. Glad someone else did this time.

20. retrofit

Not sure why?

For the last few years, the wife joins a forum secret santa, we get some interesting stuff from the states, mainly dog related stuff as it’s a dog owners forum.

For some, the secret santa present might just be the only xmas gift they get.