1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttermere

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by smr, Oct 13, 2019.

1. smr

smr Active Member

Bipolar and Mark101 like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Very nice. I think the rock works well. Without it there is a bit of a fight for attention between the detail of the trees and the shape of the hills/reflection and I'd be inclined to bring the edges in to give the centre more prominence.

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I like the shot with the rock, but it's a bit close to the edge of the frame for me. If you'd got a bit lower you could have had it a bit further up the frame.

4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Number 1 for me.

Rock needs a lot more space in front, it distracts from that beautiful backdrop otherwise.

I would certainly put number 1 on my wall.

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Sans rock thank you...

Presumably you put the rock there to avoid the acres of empty foreground that can so plague wide angle shots though, as said, it is a bit too close to the bottom edge... Another problem with it is that it acts as a bit of a visual anchor constantly trying to drag the viewers attention back to the foreground rather than directing the eye further into the scene. If you had even a short line of rocks receding toward the far shore and the hills it would have worked well by taking the eye through the picture but as is not so much...

You clearly had good light and that's been well captured though.