1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buttermere reflection

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by alfbranch, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:26 PM.

1. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Well this is unusual for me as it is in summer but the forecast was for light winds and I was off work anyway so I went out and was pretty much on my own

[​IMG]Buttermere morning reflections by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Dan S likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Lose a bit off the bottom. Try 16:9 aspect. Lovely light on the land, it is just too much not so interesting foreground for me.

Nig, alfbranch and Learning like this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Lovely new take on a very familiar subject. Can see why you want 50/50, but think I'd have a bit off the bottom too.

alfbranch likes this.
  4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Like others I've seen (and taken) this shot dozens of times - in fact I've helped make the tripod holes that you must have used.

HOWEVER you have got some of the nicest light I've seen in the scene - and light is what it's all about. Very nice indeed.
    Like others I'd chop off some of the bottom.
    MickLL

alfbranch likes this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yep. Buttermere pines are all about light.

alfbranch likes this.
  6. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Thanks all

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I like it as it is and wasn't convinced about losing some off the bottom but having just tried it I feel it is stronger, I took it to just where the reflection of the left hand mountain meets the edge...

The light was spot on though...:cool: