1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bull..

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by southonline, Apr 29, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

Things that move fast is knew to me so this really was a learning curve, that hopefully I'll do better next time round

so, views ? if anyone is interested I will post a few more up in exhibition when I get 5

but .......don't laugh, anyone want to guess the colour of the tshirt I had on!! My wife pointed it out to me whilst she was standing in a cage laughing and checking out the insurance cover online

[​IMG]

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Red T-shirt...Do bulls have eyes in?

3. southonline

yep....what a silly t*** :rolleyes:

just before that around the corner comes this all looking my way, and the wife is shouting to get in the cage....wives !!!, but they realise we want to get good photos, two gave the cage a good bashing ...I know not to wear red next time

[​IMG]

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I shouldn't worry too much. I'm sure I read somewhere once that bulls are actually colourblind, and are reacting to movement as opposed to colour. Best to steer (see what I did there) clear of bulls, whatever you're wearing!

5. southonline

:rolleyes:...

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

And don't forget adrenaline is brown, so wear brown trousers.

7. southonline

could get very embarrassing with shorts on, brown shorts just won't cut it :eek:

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Would it spoil the fun if I said that the one thing I'm fairly certain they're not is bulls? They could be bullocks, heifers or cows, but they just aren't broad enough in the face and big enough in the shoulders to be bulls.

Adrian
    (expert on Bull****?)

9. southonline

pass !! I'm going off what the council website says

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Well-Known Member

I love that second one - where you have frozen it it looks all the world like a gang of cowboys or yobs strolling down to teach the cocky idiot who said something cheeky a lesson - there is that sort of lazy menace there if I am making any sense.

11. southonline

that cocky idiot was probably the guy pointing a camera & a red tshirt at them lol....

the frozen action was the look I was going for but my lack of experience didn't help, but I've got another bull ( or whatever run ;)) in a free weeks and this time is a port festival so the run is in the port...hopefully I've leaned a few lessons

I did get a another frozen action photo that I was pleased with, problem was I was having to look out everywhere for the bulls and get in behind the bars before they got to me, it really was a quick run point, try and frame an interesting photo and back in .... the adrenaline was buzzing by the end

[​IMG]

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Well-Known Member

Well I think you are doing fine for someone learning the pictures look great and are catching the moment.

13. southonline

cheers...

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Ian,

When and where is the next one? I am out there in 2 weeks, wouldn't mind taking a look myself, and I'm not too far from your area?

I went to a similar one in a temporary ring in our village a few years ago it was mad, kids and adults being chased. The advantage was the bulls were bullocks. Didn't have a go myself!!

15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

There's a big clue in the first pic that these aren't bulls.

16. southonline

I'll get the wife to check the council website as I can never find my way around it, so I'll get back to you on that, if we've not got guests your welcome to stay over...

I agree about the crazys at these bull running festivals, everyone gets involved, I was standing next to a little old Spanish lady that was really giving some grief to the younger ones to chase the bulls LOL

The port one is fun as the kids have no escape other than jumping in the sea if they get on the wrong side ... health & safety, what H&S :D

17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, but I wasn't inviting myself, very kind offer none the less.

18. southonline

Ok, when I track details of the next I'll let you know...Considering we have 52 festivals a year here theres normally a bull run going on at one ... We had a festival two weeks ago to raise funds for the big end of year show, festival to pay for a festival lol class

19. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

The second one does have a good sense of menace and I like the moment in the 3rd one. Rather you than me I think.... :)

20. Myopic George

Myopic George Well-Known Member

Would these work better in b/w? I could try it but bit busy...