1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brownie No 0 model A dates.

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by Rob Styles, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Rob Styles

Rob Styles Member

Good afternoon all
    I'm trying to narrow down the date of my box brownie No.0 model A
    No direction arrow on winding key plate, so I'm down to 1914-1917. Do you know of any other signs that can narrow it down or is that the closest I'm going to get?
    Regards
    Rob.

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

This any use? It looks weird enough to be true!

3. Rob Styles

Rob Styles Member

Sort of, problem with patent dates is, it maybe only for the part it's stamped on, and that perticular part may of been made at a different date. Mine doesn't have a number, but does quote April 11, '99; April 14, 03, so I'm guessing 18.99 to 19.03, so I'm guessing that s just for the film view window or tention springs that it's printed near by.These wasn't made the until 1914.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

It's not the Patent dates. Scroll further down, they use something called a Camerosity Code (lots of Google finds for that, so seems legit) - a 4 letter code that translates to a month year.

Trouble is, they use a 13 month year!

5. Rob Styles

Rob Styles Member

6. Rob Styles

Rob Styles Member

I'll take a better look around lens and the rest of the box for the code when i get home, but initial inspection i couldn't find one, thanks for the tips.

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

No probs.

Remember, the code may be hidden inside or even, going by the approximate age of the item, been worn off (if it was only printed and not 'engraved').

8. Rob Styles

Rob Styles Member

Looked all over the camera and no numbers found, so like you say, it may well of been rubbed out or been removed, not the end of the world, it's narrowed down to a few years so better than nothing. Thanks for all the replies, i shall now give it a clean and add it to my collection.
    Rob.