1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bronica 200mm MC lens & hood

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by streaky_bacon, Sep 23, 2004.

1. streaky_bacon

streaky_bacon Member

I just acquired a 200mm MC lens for my Bronica ETRS (MC is all I can afford at present). I had earlier acquired a 105/250mm Lens Hood-E thinking it would fit a 200mm lens. However, the two are not compatible. Now this is not a major problem as I generally use the Cokin P Modular Hoods, but this setup adds a lot of weight to the front end, especially when not using a tripod or monopod (Cries of, "Shame!" I know, I know!). I am already hunting for a collapsible, rubber hood in 62mm, but does anyone know what Bronica lens hood I need to fit this lens? Many thanks in advance.

Streaky

<pre> ___
    ~(___)>
    " "</pre>

2. streaky_bacon

streaky_bacon Member

Apologies! I must have been as blind as a bat (hope that's not non-PC!) when I was trying to fit the hood to the lens.

There are two indentations in the lens into which two retractable prongs on the hood fit. Why I didn't see them previously and why my twisting the hood on the lens didn't engage them, I'll never know.

Anyway, decided to post this "sackcloth-n-ashes" response in case another idiot needs an answer to this question. ;-)

Streaky

<pre> ___
    ~(___)>
    " "</pre>

3. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

No problem Streaky. We are all bit absent minded around here.

Salazar the Sinister
    [​IMG]

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself pal! My mind is always.............errm ..............err...................dohhhhhhhh!...........what was I going to say then................../img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nigel CRIPN

You don't have to be mad to come here....
    ...but if you do...you are! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

You are not alone in having trouble with lens-hoods. I have a collection of them, with a variety of fitting methods. Some go on very easily each time, while others are consistently troublesome. It is a source of wonder that lens manufacturers can make such a mess of designing dedicated hoods bearing in mind what they charge for them.

Chris

[​IMG]