1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Heritage

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Nigel_Atherton, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Coming in late as usual, but I see no mention of Durham cathedral. This has arguably the best location of any cathedral worldwide as it stands high above the steeply sloping wooded banks of the river Wear.

I have snapped it numerous times and have lost count of the number of international tourists who have asked me to take their photos as well. One such person, a retired architect from the states, said that he had visited most of the cathedrals in Europe but none could compare with this particular view.

2. StevenP

StevenP New Member

New Lanark Heritage Village in North Lanarkshire,Scotland is worth a look

3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

(pssst.... South Lanarkshire)

4. missmarple

missmarple New Member

Love Bodiam,

Been there several times. Very atmospheric. But to really get the medieval feel I would recommend Conwy castle in Wales. Not just because the castle itself is excellent but because it is situated in a walled town. As if you go centuries back in time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a big fan of British Heritage

5. efsb

efsb Member

Durham don't allow photography inside the cathedral - or at least they didn't when I last visited. Gorgeous outside - I agree.

6. laj

laj Well-Known Member

I've just got back from Caernarfon and in 4 days I took over 1000 photos. It is beautiful there
    Caernarfon Castle
    Segontium Roman Fort
    St Baglans Church, Llanfaglan
    Snowdonia
    Slatemine, llanberis
    betws y coed

I have a few photos on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/laj1/

Laura

7. missmarple

missmarple New Member

Great looking pictures Laura!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the new meeting scheduler from ScheduleOnce

8. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

Knowlton Church, Dorset