1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British GT from Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Fireproof Creative, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Here's a few from the GT's at Brands... I think this is the longest I've ever had to spend working the shadow and highlight recovery sliders - I'm gonna come right out and say it, I miss the rain the sun sucks for photography!

C&C welcome as always.... Thanks for looking.

1. Rick Parfitt.... Still too important to ask photographers for permission before ripping off their images (I'm not bitter... much)
    [​IMG]#1 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Bentley Continental GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Ryan Ratcliffe... the better human being in the #1 Bentley
    [​IMG]#1 Team Parker Racing Ltd - Bentley Continental GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Anna Waleskwa's new AMG ProTechnika team at speed
    [​IMG]#89 ProTechnika Motorsport - Mercedes-AMG GT4 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. Into the woods....
    [​IMG]#116 ERC Sport - Mercedes-AMG GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. When at Brands....
    [​IMG]#33 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Still using those reflections....

7. Out of the shadows...

8. Another 'cliche' Brands Angle :D
    [​IMG]#69 Barwell Motorsport - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

retrofit likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I love your racing shots, but they (I mean what the pros do as well) do become a bit formulaic after a while. So I appreciate the candids that give a context to it all. Used to be a regular at Brands and Silverstone until traffic arrangements became too chaotic.

Fireproof Creative likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Adverse conditions or not that is a great set. I think #2 is my favourite. You have nailed this so well technically now that appraisal seems superfluous. As someone who doesn't follow racing I think I understand Mike's comment. To me it's a nice, and technically brilliant, picture of a car on a bit of track. To an enthusiast the car, driver, occasion is important but to me it's a picture of a car and I don't appreciate the differences one set from another any more, apart from the candids and pit lane shots.

4. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

I think both comments are fair and probably rife within the genre... I’ll try and mix it up a bit more for the WEC boys next weekend

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well I think there is clearly a place for the sharp, clear action shots of the cars, but to non-enthusiasts, the thought "When you've seen one....." does enter the mind, despite the obvious skill required. Most give little hint of where or when, or even what is actually happening. The pit lane and other shots give you so much more and I think become historical records in a way the action shots are not.

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Another impressive set. OK to some extent the action shot's are a little 'formula' but I can live with that when they are done well.:cool:

7. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

Quality images as usual.

:thumbs up: