1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bridges

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by mxc070, Feb 27, 2003.

1. mxc070

mxc070 Member

I have got a job for an internet company. I am after a shoots of a footbridge bridge with lots of people walking across, with a long expoure to get the blurred effect. I was thinking supper-highway analogy. some thing across the thames or in birmigham (where I live) would be good. It would also be really good if I could get a good vantage point of the bridge. Just wondering if anybody had any ideas?
    Many thanks
    Mark Crampton

2. Mintywoo

Mintywoo Active Member

Hi,

I've just been thinking about Birmingham Bridges for you.......... the only one's I can think of that would get a lot of 'foot traffic' are the ones down on Broad Street that go over the Canal to get to and from the NIA, in and around the Gas Street Basin. I think there are about 3 down there - one might be suitable. However, I've heard that the 'Security Staff' are quite hot down there and maynot be happy for you to set up a tripod to take a picture, especially if it is for payment.......... apart from that, I don't know where else to suggest.

Jo
    Birmingham

3. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Where are you from?
    I'm in Darlington and theres a definite lack of foot bridges up here/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Larry's Photo site

4. nf3996

nf3996 Well-Known Member

You also mentioned the Thames and I'll suggest a couple of possibilities there. Firstly, the Millennium Bridge (aka the wobbly bridge, but it doesn't wobble any more) between St Paul's cathedral and Tate Modern. And secondly, the two new Hungerford footbridges between Charing Cross station and the Royal Festival Hall. The Hungerford bridges carry a lot of pedestrians (especially in the rush hour as they are on the route to Waterloo station too) and are very wide - about 30 feet or so. Setting up a tripod wouldn't get in anyone's way, and I've yet to see a security guard anywhere near them.

Alan

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Hungerford Bridges

Excellent bridges for taking photo's on.

Also good for taking photos from. On one side it overlooks both the LondonEye and the Houses of Parliment.

Fen.

<iframe width="366" height="61" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/who.htm"></iframe>