1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breakwater

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by spinno, Nov 2, 2017.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Does this high contrast image conversion work for you. I think it does for me (which of course is most important;)) but does it work for you.
    [​IMG]

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

For me as a piece of art then the people need to go. I'd also remove the seaweed? bottom half left and a small bit from the top to even it out (remove the little wave area)

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It would work for me if the top was cropped down (to 'well known member' on the left) - or if the foreground had the definition of the upper section and the upper had the lack of definition of the lower section!

But you know me! RM will come along and correct me. ;)

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I agree that the curvature at the top should go. I'm not looking at it on a monitor so it might be that is the reason that areas look bleached out. I'd rather see a hint of texture everywhere in the sand

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Try this
    [​IMG]

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

too severe a crop for me, just needed a touch off the top. Bit too dark now, it was the contrast that needed easing off not so much the exposure I'd leave the folk in, their removal is too obvious.

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Agree the curve at the top to go, but the edit reduces it to nothing but a line of blocked up posts. Main issue for me is the people are just not photogenically arranged. They could work, but you needed to wait for the right moment. Could run a whole competition on where to place them and how.

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

It needs a keyline too for posting on a forum like this

Roger Hicks likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. When I fire up the computer next I will try out your suggestions'

10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Talking about 'well known members'....is that a series of large-scale representations of male genitalia in the form colloquially known as 'cocknballs' scratched out in the sand?

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I plead ignorance and innocence

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

BTW was that harassment

13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I know. It was my upbringing that did it.

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Calm down dear it's just inappropriate:p