1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Bettina, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

here There are a lot of wasps around at the moment... best not go ;)

2. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

For Sea View, open your preferred mapping app, I usually use Multimap, (I like the bird's eye view capability)

Enter BH14 0AW, that puts your cursor a few yards east of the roundabout at sea view, the view point and parking is to the immediate south of the roundabout, alongside Springfield road look on the map rather than the aerial view, not easy to spot on the aerial view until you see where to look using the map view first.

The buses stop in the bays on the south side of the roundabout,easy to pick out on the aerial or birds eye view.

The bus journey from there to the Lansdowne (services 1B & 1C, yellow double deckers) is about 3.5 - 4 miles 10 minute interval service, there will be other buses going to Bournemouth but they t4erminate in the town centre, the 1B & 1C continue on to Lansdowne, Boscombe and Christchurch.

To find the Lansdowne roundabout and East Overcliff enter Meyrick road Bournemouth in the map search box.

Ideally get off the bus at the stop before the roundabout in Bath road, if you miss that the next stop is just beyond the roundabout, follow Meyrick road and you come to East Overcliff. I didn't notice much in the way of food or drink outlets on the overcliff (except for big posh hotels) so I intend to take my own, I'll check tomorrow (friday) see if there has been any change.

If you prefer to be at ground level on the beach (so the kids can paddle maybe or closer to food and drink outlets) get off in the town centre and walk down through the gardens to the pier, then head east along the beach or prom. Alternatively you can get down to the beach from the overcliff drive on the cliff lift or Zig Zag path (can be seen on the map if you zoom right in)

3. vicki1234

vicki1234 Well-Known Member

No problemo.....

Fridays line up ...
    1.30pm - 2.30pm
    The royal air force aerobatic display team (x9 hawks)
    king air
    royal navy black cats helicopter display team
    battle of britain memorial flight

2.30pm-3.30pm
    yakolevs
    hawk t1
    sea vixen
    search and rescue demo
    raf falcons parachute display team

3.30pm -4.15pm
    team guinot wing walkers
    the blades
    eurofighter typhoon

evening entertainment fri -
    heliosphere display
    royal marines combat display
    royal marines band
    balloon glow
    laser show

all these are subject to change due to weather etc. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Saturday line up....
    12 - 1pm
    royal marines beach assault
    yakolevs
    air ambulance
    matadors
    search and rescue demo
    king air
    swift team

1pm - 2pm
    raf chinook
    battle of britain memorial flight
    sally b - b-17
    kitty hawk

2-3pm
    royal navy black cats helicopter display team
    team guinot wing walkers
    the blades
    red arrows

3-4pm
    spitfire and mustang
    raf falcons parachute display team
    avro vulcan
    eurofighter typhoon

sat eve entertainment
    heliosphere display
    royal marines combat display
    royal marines band
    balloon glow
    fireworks - 10pm

again all are subject to change.

hope this a help to you all. And if you are coming make sure you bring good weather with you. cheers hehehe :D :rolleyes:

4. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Many thanks for that Vicki :cool:.

The weather for today (friday) looks like there might be some light rain showers from lunchtime onwards into the evening, but saturday especially looks set to be OK, and probably sunday too.

5. Dorset_Mike

Yeah looks likw I might chicken out today, currently a mix of cloud and sun, bit breezy too, I'll see what it's like nearer the time.

6. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

If it's any help, it's just started peeing down up here near Sherborne. :(

7. vicki1234

vicki1234 Well-Known Member

Very windy here on the coast. I can see a helicopter doing a display which i cant see on todays listings.
    Its sunny here at 12.14pm with a mix of some cloud.

If the traffic is anything like yesterdays 'roar on the shore' flop! Avoid like the plague lol.
    We had 100,000 plus people in bournemouth in one place and no traffic cops or stewards of any kind. Every man for himself. There were reports of people being stuck in traffic for 3 hours!!!!!! Some people didnt get home till 1am! ridiculous!

8. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

I feel a trip to Shoreham coming on...
    It's bad enough with me being on the road, let alone all those other cars. :eek:

9. Dorset_Mike

I looked at the forecast and decided against going today as they forecast rain for part of the afternoon, we just had one long heavy shower, so they finally got summat right.

Summer? Bummer more like.

10. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

cheers mike bit late i know, we have decided in the last hour to go, so will be following these instructions, hope all goes to plan.....if you recognise me please say hello.....i will have a camera /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif...40d sigma 100-300 grey camo shorts and a bt umbrella

11. Dorset_Mike

Just got home, weather cleared just right, in fsct it got almost too hot for a while, of course I forgot to take me floppy brimmed hat, so I'm a good imitation of a beetroot. I'd taken a brolly in case of rain, ended up using it as a sun shade, some high haze/cloud crept in sometime around 3.30 - 4pm but it remained bright, just lessened the direct heat of the sun.

I'll put some pics up later in the exhib lunge, food first.

12. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

i would like to thank all who posted in thread re the air festival.....would like to extend my personal thanks to mike, your instuctions were spot on, left home at 7 back home by 10 allowing an hour for crowds to disperse a bit...i got a feeling using the official parking system it could have been a different story

as for the festival it was OUTSTANDING!! if this is an event you have only ever thought about then just go....we will be returning next year possibly for a short break and soak up the evening atmosphere

13. Dorset_Mike

Air Festival reports and photos from local paper, click here

Loads of photos, newspaper togs and junior and adult competition galeries. Also some video.

Crowds estimated at 1.344 million, date fixed for next year 19-22 Aug.