1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat at mooring

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Old git, May 5, 2012.

1. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

[​IMG]

2. dennis72

dennis72 Well-Known Member

The classic boat on a third at low tide shot but none the worse for that. The mooring chain leading to the boat and a hint of a reflection. Nice colours and sharp. I like it.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice, but not sure the heavy border helps and the sand at the top might be questioned. But it all looks rather over-cooked to me.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Certainly the processing lacks subtlety, it just looks false and over-sharpened.

5. TheresaH

TheresaH Well-Known Member

I like the concept/composition. But gone a bit too far on the sharpening, as others have said. I personally don't mind when images are a little on the soft side. Do you have the original still (prior to sharpening)?

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I wonder if perhaps cropping a bit off the top, to put the boat in the middle, might work. Also, the shadows & hull look a little dark - perhaps a slight lift in curves or lower the midpoint in levels? And back off the sharpening a tad.

7. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Hows this?
    [​IMG]

8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I think that's a lot better for sharpening and levels, but I still think that a trim off the top would help - try scrolling to crop it just at the top of the dark patch on the upper right, and you'll see what I mean. Or not, as the case may be... :)

9. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Nice shot, but as said earlier, the first post is a little on the sharp side. Still good though.

10. TheresaH

TheresaH Well-Known Member

I like that a lot better. :)

11. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Thanks both :)