1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blowzabella in Bethesda

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by steveandthedogs, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Cracking night, but I would like to have a word with the lighting engineer.

Hurdy-gurdy.jpg

piper-iii.jpg

clap.jpg

reeds.jpg

S

Dan S, peterba and EightBitTony like this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

It looks as though you got the best out of some adverse lighting conditions, Steve. These situations are always a bit tricky, but that looks pretty damned difficult.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I'd never heard of Blowzabella, until I saw your post! :oops:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:53 PM
  3. steveandthedogs

Cheers Peter.
    Bloody bright cyan, dimmish orangey-yellow and a bright spot on Jo, who has a very white face anyway. The Fudgie made a damn good job to start with, though.
    Missed bass and melodeon players, tried to get some dancers, but just too dark.
    Go and see them if you get a chance; mix of trad French and own stuff with a French flavour.

S

peterba likes this.
  4. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Yes difficult conditions & good subject blur achieved :)
    I have heard of Blowzabella, as my elder brother knows/is known by the Hurdy-Girdy player. I get the impression that's a much smaller world than IR photography...

Dan S, steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  5. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I wonder if the lighting engineer was struggling because of the black clothes? I often wonder why black is a chosen colour of clothes as it can make it really difficult to see the players on stage. Having said that, those shots are really nice, and dare I say it, I like the lights :)

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. steveandthedogs

Thanks Dan, but for taking photographs, he’s going to die if he does it again.

S

7. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

hahaha :)