1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blowing My Own Trumpet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geren, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm not sure. It definitely did one year but I haven't seen any information to say one way or the other. If I hear anything I'll let you know!

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Some of them are on my website (if you google Kathryn Polley Photography you should be able to find it) but not all. I need to do a bit of a shuffle round and put some of the newer items up there!

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well deserved!

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Excellent. Brilliant. Magnificent.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Excellent :)

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Brilliant - congratulations

7. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Well done!

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

... and now starring in Final Analysis! Well done twice!

steveandthedogs likes this.
  9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And well deserved!

S

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well deserved indeed!

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh cool! I didn't know when it was coming out! I will have to wait for it to hit the shops! (When does that happen exactly?!)

AlanW likes this.
  12. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Alas I've not received the final PDF yet but when I do I'll send it to you and you can post it on your web-site and Facebook (and my Facebook too, if you like, as several have). I hesitate to tell anyone when their pictures will be featured in the column as I can never be sure myself until I see the issue in question -- which is normally about 10 days after the publication date, given the vicissitudes of the post in rural France -- AND I have received the final PDF myself, which hasn't happened yet because they're still catching up with the Christmas backlog.

Cheers,

R.

Geren likes this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Thank you Roger. I would very much appreciate the PDF when it becomes available. I am not yet very comfortable with shouting about my acheivements but a feature in Final Analysis is a fantastic bit of exposure so I should really spread the news as far and wide as I can.

14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Usually Tuesday. The date of the edition is Jan 13th

Geren likes this.
  15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Thank you. I will be beating a path to the door of the local newsagent on Tuesday.

LesleySM and Catriona like this.
  16. Catriona

Looked today, but only Practical, Digital etc etc - but no Amateur. Will keep watching!

17. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

My subscription copy usually turns up on Saturday but didn't this week. When it finally arrives I'm looking forward to seeing the picture and finding out what Mr Hicks has to say about it!

It's an odd thing really, but I ended up with a little bit in the Christmas issue and I was quite surprised by how I felt about it. My dad was an avid reader of AP and used to get it every week for more years than I care to recall - I spent a moment feeling quite emotional about the fact that I couldn't grab my copy and show it to him which is very unlike me.

Cheers, Jeff

18. Catriona

Very understandable - and hug sent. I'll feel the same soon (sh!) as I won't be able to show hubby. It's a booga!

Geren likes this.
  19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh I know the feeling. When I graduated, and when I realised I'd won the Jill Todd award, the celebrations were all slightly affected by a sadness at not being able to share it all with my dad. I know he would have been thrilled, and he'd have been down at the newsagents buying up all the copies of AP to wave under people's noses too!

steveandthedogs and Fishboy like this.
  20. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Another one here - though Dad wouldn't have known which end of a camera was which. He was a diehard born and bred Essex fan, and it broke my heart when we won the County Championship and I couldn't have a crow about it with him.

Adrian

Geren and Catriona like this.