1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Bit of a stupid question...

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Bit of a stupid question, but search as I might I cannot find any info as to if there is a Pentax version of Nikons 24-70mm f2.8.

I know Pentax does not currently have a full frame body, but was there a top quality full frame version, maybe from the days of film?

Many thanks in advance :)

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

There was a 28-70f4 AL, constant aperture and surprisingly good, not megabucks at the time and probably still not.

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Many thanks, I'll have a look into that one :)

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I don't recall Pentax ever having a 24-70/2.8 lens, albeit AF or MF, and, as mentioned above, there is the 28-70/4 and in the 24 zoom range they came out with a 24-90 with the MZ-S camera and, if memory serves, it was a 3.5/4.5 lens.

EDIT: also, there was the Tamron 28-105/2.8 Adaptall mount ... if ya don't mind "not quite as wide and a wee bit longer" :)

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

There was also an FA*28-70 f2.8, never actually seen one though.

6. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Now those are some very tempting peices of glassware... :)

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Righty O, Zou :) and I actually sold one ... odd I didn't remember it :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

9. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have the SMC Pentax FA 28-105 f/4-5.6 power zoom that came as standard with my Z1-p. It is a fantastic lens and I can thoroughly recommend it IF you can find one. I have never seen it anywhere s/h.

Being a Film lens, it has excellent chromatic aberration correction and is very sharp with good contrast. It is a trifle too long though on an APS-C.

I am just waiting to try it on the Pentax FF dslr, when they eventually get around to building it. :confused: