1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit of a stupid question...

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Atavar, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Bit of a stupid question, but search as I might I cannot find any info as to if there is a Pentax version of Nikons 24-70mm f2.8.

I know Pentax does not currently have a full frame body, but was there a top quality full frame version, maybe from the days of film?

Many thanks in advance :)

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

There was a 28-70f4 AL, constant aperture and surprisingly good, not megabucks at the time and probably still not.

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Many thanks, I'll have a look into that one :)

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I don't recall Pentax ever having a 24-70/2.8 lens, albeit AF or MF, and, as mentioned above, there is the 28-70/4 and in the 24 zoom range they came out with a 24-90 with the MZ-S camera and, if memory serves, it was a 3.5/4.5 lens.

EDIT: also, there was the Tamron 28-105/2.8 Adaptall mount ... if ya don't mind "not quite as wide and a wee bit longer" :)

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

There was also an FA*28-70 f2.8, never actually seen one though.

6. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

7. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Now those are some very tempting peices of glassware... :)

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Righty O, Zou :) and I actually sold one ... odd I didn't remember it :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

9. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have the SMC Pentax FA 28-105 f/4-5.6 power zoom that came as standard with my Z1-p. It is a fantastic lens and I can thoroughly recommend it IF you can find one. I have never seen it anywhere s/h.

Being a Film lens, it has excellent chromatic aberration correction and is very sharp with good contrast. It is a trifle too long though on an APS-C.

I am just waiting to try it on the Pentax FF dslr, when they eventually get around to building it. :confused: