1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best smart phone for photography purposes

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by Rasha, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Rasha

Rasha Well-Known Member

Well recently my HTC One M7 has been dying, the camera is really nice but not that great. I am looking for another really good phone but with a good camera too. So I was thinking I could try Nokia Lumia, part of the reviews were complaining about the fact it's a windows phone, which worries me a bit as I've a macbook, so I am not sure if I can synchronise. The other thing is related to camera responsiveness.

So have any one tried it? Can you guys share your experiences if you recommend other phones?

2. d123

d123 Well-Known Member

I've used a number of handsets recently, from Android, WP8.1 and iOS. Of my recent phones I really enjoy using my iPhone 6 for photography. I've even started leaving my compact at home when out and about.

3. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

The Nokia 1020 is from a pure resolution and low light image quality point of view probably still the best camera phone in my opinion, but then there are other factors to consider. The lack of apps (photography or otherwise) limits what you can do with the phone, and the handset itself is a bit of a brick.

You can sync it with Mac though using this:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-mac

Overall though, I consider other features such as speed and accuracy of focusing and exposure, and the quality of the interface, to be at least as important, and in my opinion, as someone who has tried a lot of phones, the iPhone is still the one to beat in this regard, and the one I most enjoy using.

Of course there are dozens of third party camera apps that improve in some way or other upon the one than comes with the phone, which complicates things a bit.

4. Huxley

Huxley Member

Galaxy note 4, i phone 6 is good but the note bests it in most shots bar low light.