1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best circuits for motorsports photography?

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Bazarchie, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I went to Silverstone today for the first time, not a major event so the crowds were light, but fences were everywhere. I was not sure how close you can stand to the fences as most had spectator barriers behind them. The only other circuit I have been to recently was Goodwood which had much better viewing access.

Which circuits are good for photography?

Is there ever a chance for amateurs to get inside the fences?

Digitalmemories likes this.
  2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

You need to get to one of the smaller tracks. Mallory or Oulton perhaps.

Digitalmemories and Benchista like this.
  3. exspmr

exspmr In the Stop Bath

Below the banking at Riches & Wilson corners at Snetterton used to provide some great opportunities as you have the choice of 3 bits of track and 3 corners within the reach of a modest zoom from both; but a quick squint via Bing's Bird's Eye view shows that they've moved the barriers back a fair way at the latter location since I was last there.

Bazarchie and Digitalmemories like this.
  4. Digitalmemories

Digitalmemories Well-Known Member

Bang Saen Street circuit, Thailand, during the annual Bang Saen Grand Prix.

Refreshing absence of any safety precautions, except for an armco barrier and some tyres. 2015_1125_14531200.jpg

5. Bones775

Bones775 New Member

i would say cadwell park , you can get a bit of everything there !!

6. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Knockhill is one of the better ones though rather a trek for most of us.
    Most of the circuits have a some good spots, though some are very limited - oh dear, someones already at the small hole in the fence...