1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been messing around with Pixlr

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by LesleySM, Apr 25, 2012.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Yes, I rather like this one as well. It is nicely focused and framed of a mature band member focused on his performance. The lighting is unusual, giving hopefully unnatural colours, but it works rather well.
  3. LesleySM

It's not the lighting- the original was badly overexposed and pale blue so i changed it into sepia in Pixlr then darkened it a little
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Let's see the original to judge whether this is the best save you could get. Doesn't look great to me, but might be a miracle ;)
  5. LesleySM

I'll post it over the weekend- I think it's a minor miracle myself
  6. LesleySM

The original as promised- actually when I look again it's not as bad as I first thought- my only problem was a couple of green casts although unfortunately one of them was between his upper lip and nose and to put not too fine a point on it my eye was being drawn to what looked like a rather large bogey hanging out of his nose.

As I say I am still learning this stuff so all suggestions etc welcome

Curved Air 084 by LesleySM4, on Flickr
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'd lop a bit off the right to square it up and leave it like that. Nothing more to do for me.
  8. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Curved Air!That takes me back a bit.Didn`t know they`re still playing.

Sonja Christina and Daryl Way playing a perspex violin.I`m sure I have an album of their`s somewhere.