1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beautiful Starling

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by J H Foto, Apr 15, 2018.

1. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

P1002916 copy.jpg

El_Sid and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Yep, they're beautiful, all right. With the number on our allotments, I've come to love their funny noises too - especially the bubbling one.

Adrian

3. Raza Shaikh

Raza Shaikh Active Member

Beautiful bird!

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I think at first glance they look ugly and oily, but when you really look at them they are beautiful.

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

They're attractive and fascinating birds...until you have a thousand of them roosting in the trees at the end of your garden!

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

It's funny watching them empty a feeder of mealworms trying to find the best ones.

[​IMG]Making a Mess by Tony Evans, on Flickr

Craig20264 and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  7. gw8izr

gw8izr Active Member

I have a feeding cage that only the smaller birds can get into, otherwise the Sheppeys rape the table.. its got a lid that hinges open. I watched one try to lift the lid but it was too heavy so it gave up. A few minutes later it ( I assume ) returned with a mate and they tried together to lift it. Very intelligent bird.

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We have them in our roof. They figured out how to remove the ventilation covers on the soffits and are quite happy with an entirely vertical approach to the remaining hole. So much for the building regs. Wish we hadn't had all tbe boarding replaced with UPVC.

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

MUch as I like them, we do have to ration the birdseed as they tend to strip the feeders at a rate of knots.

We have one bright spark on the telegraph wire that imitates the local red kite.

Adrian