1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery sizes

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Dorset_Mike, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I'm trying to source batteries for a Medion camcorder, it's 3.7V 720mAH; dimensions 35x40 mm, has numbers KLIC 7001 and NP 40, browsing Amazon there are quite a few NP40's most quote no dimensions, a few quote dimensions which seem more like the package size e.g. 10.2 x 2.5 x 20.3 cm ; am I right in thinking that NP40 refers to the physical size and the position of connections? Voltage is critical but mAH defines the amount of charge it can hold which in turn determines how long it will run on a full charge.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi DM, try Googling The Small Battery Company and look at their web-site. Caveat: they haven't replied to my last e-mail for battery info, so I have been wondering if they are still in business.

Seem to recall that down in Bournemouth or Poole is a guy who would build battery packs to order. Used to undercut Metz by refurbing 45 ni-cad cells. Cheers, Oly

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

A 3.7V sounds like a single cell Lithium ion device. There are many offerings of NP40 batteries and they should all be within a few 1/10s of a mm of the same size. As with all Li-Ion batteries, buy from a reputable source and choose a reputable manufacturer.