1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batteries for Nikon FE

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by beki, Mar 25, 2001.

1. beki

beki Active Member

Hi,

I am a proud new owner of an FE. I'm writing to ask what kinds of batteries the camera takes. I opened the camera up and saw two little 1.5V batteries types, but these ones seem to be from 1978 (when the camera was first purchased and subsequently put into storage). I want to know whether I can get these batteries still (I am a battery novice) or whether I can also use 3V style battery (as seems possible in the later FM2N model). Any help much appreciated since I have no idea how much longer these will last.

2. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Well-Known Member

You can use either two 1.5v's or a single 3v. The 1.5's are common to most older FE,FM, F3 and current FM2 Nikons. G13-LR44-357-SR44-A76-L1154 - are the codes, depending on the particular brand. These are amongst the cheapest, most common and readily available alkalines. A single 3v lithium is more expensive, has no real guarantee to last any longer than two 1.5's - but is more tolerant to low temperatures.

My advice is to stick with two good quality 1.5 alkalines - LR44 Duracells - and make sure you put them in the right way round.......

Carry a couple of spares in your bag by all means - but the odds are you'll probably 'lose (or loan) them before you use them'.

jon

3. beki

beki Active Member

Thanks Jon. I was stunned that the batteries I have in the camera work and still work since I'm certain that these are original with the camera.

beki