1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basinsgtoke, Hampshire Area

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by dobknobby, May 7, 2013.

1. dobknobby

dobknobby Member

Anybody know of any nice places in and or around Basingstoke that would be good photo locations?

Needs to be quite local as i dont have a car at the moment so not that mobile.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

One stop on the train takes you to Winchester. Plenty of interesting photographic subjects in the city. A short walk along the river also produces many opportunities

3. IvorETower

...and on another train line from Basingstoke, you are not that far from Salisbury which also offers plenty of opportunities.

What subjects do you have in mind? Buildings/architecture, open countryside? Street shots? Museums?

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

A short bus trip away is Whitchurch and Laverstoke/Freefolk. Both will offer you interesting architecture and picturesque rural scenes.

5. jackjemphotographer

jackjemphotographer New Member

Yes truly said by lvoreTower... Winchester is really good place, one can look that place picturesque place for photography.

6. 649tom

649tom New Member

Im from basingstoke too ... And just registered :)

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  7. IvorETower

Welcome.
    I now work only a few miles from the centre of Basingstoke... but a car is essential as there's no public transport running anywhere near. I still vote for Winchester as a nearby photogenic location