1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barnard Castle

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by bench_ubbster, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Hurr hurr :D

2. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Bruff it is then!

3. Tooslow

Tooslow Well-Known Member

seconded.

JH

4. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Just back from Co Durham. We stayed in the Teesdale area mostly sneaking up to Hadrian's Wall for one day.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I have posted some pics here and as you can see, I did take up some of your tips. We did go to Brough (and Richmond) but the weather was a bit inclement so I didn't take many pictures. Oh well, next time! :rolleyes:

5. Tooslow

B
    nice photo but it's Cauldron Snout. :rolleyes: I see the tap was open!
    JH

6. bench_ubbster

Corrected.

Yes, tap open and surrounding area very boggy. In fact I got a rather wet and muddy up to my knees :rolleyes:

7. Tooslow

b
    just curiousity, did you climb up beside CS? If so how was the going?
    JH

8. bench_ubbster

I had a little scramble. The rocks are quite easy to walk on and scale, but needless to say can get a bit slippery. I saw some people walking to other side of the river, I was under the impression this was MOD property? I only had an OS Landranger map so it might be worth checking on a larger scale map. But I didn't see any warning signs and the walk did appear to be well signposted. The Pennine Way runs along the side of CS I was.

I was also hampered by having 2 dogs with me, so didn't do spend as much time there as I wanted.