1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to basics - box cameras

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by gray1720, May 15, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Sorry if that came across as dismissive. It looks that way to me now, but not when I wrote it.
    Its the way I look at any new contributer on a Saturday morning. Getting a submission accepted would be an achievement. Getting paid for it a nice bonus. Getting subscribers to read the article and really looking at the photographs, as opposed to just skimming over them, a triumph.
    Now Adrian, if that isn't an invitation to submit something, what is?

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It's more invitational than the PM I had, but we shall see.

Adrian

3. Learning

I am still wondering what this dial, knob, or button might be. The centre of the CSM lever seems to have a 'clicky' action, but I don't think that it is button. that does something undocumented.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

If anybody wants a box camera slip down to Lyme Regis where the second hand shop on the front as a shelf of old cameras including. About 30 box ones.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It is tge csm lever, I guess its to do with autofocus or I would long since have worked out what it did.

adrian
    Unfortunately Lyme Regis is a bit far away, espe ially as I am in Holland right now.

6. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Bit of a way to go for me, and quite unnecessary - there's a charity shop quarter of an hour away (Frinton) that has half a dozen classic models (even after I've brought the ones that interested me most), and e-bay has loads...

7. Learning

Sorry for the delay. I forgot that I had asked the question. I don't know what you mean by "tge" but the csm lever is indeed to do with autofocus when it is in the c or s position. If you only use manual focus then as long as the csm lever points at m you need not be concerned about it.
    Just got it . tge was a typo for the.