1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in the game.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Apostrophes, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Apostrophes

Apostrophes Member

Hello,

It's been a while since I have been on any discussion group. The ones I were on before were 'spiritual' and the ego clashes were breathtaking! I am sure nothing like that happens here. :)

I loved photography as a kid. My dad had all sorts of camera equipment including everything for a dark room and I took a class in it at college.

I bought a rather lovely Canon EOS 500 in the 90s for a safari I went on and while it served me well digital cameras came along and I let it gather dust.

I couldn't afford a DSLR so bought a series of point and shoots which bored me silly. I eventually got a Lumix DMC TZ10 and started to get back into the mood of taking good photos. But then I broke it trying to put it back together after initially successfully dismantling the lens assembly to get a mark off it. I used its manual settings mostly. It was great for that bearing in mind it was a compact. But I quickly started to notice its limitations.

So I went and bought a Lumix GF3 and am waiting for the battery to charge before I can start using it while I am writing this. I obviously haven't used it yet but am very excited in the way I was when I go the EOS 500. I am really looking forward to getting the bug for photography back, which brings me here among all you beautiful people.

I am looking forward to chatting to you all.

Richard

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

Wanna bet?

Welcome all the same. :rolleyes:

3. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Welcome to the forums, Richard!

I won't say there are no ego clashes here, but this does seem to be a more restrained place than some, and people usually appologise afterwards.

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures when you've had a chance to get to know your GF3.

4. Apostrophes

Apostrophes Member

Thank you for the welcome. But as for egos, honestly, until you've been on a spiritual forum full of people who claim to have no egos you haven't seen ego clashes! ;)

Richard

5. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Haven't we all got an " Ego", I certainly have.

6. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I will just stick to a welcome. :)

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Ah, but have you got the cogito ergo sum to go with it?

8. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Oh Yes, we all know that you have an ego!!!

You even have an alter-ego on FB, where it gets 'so bored that it posted on AP'. Oh yes, we all know about YOUR ego!!

:rolleyes: ;)

BTW - Welcome to the AP Forums Richard :cool:

9. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. :) I think we have some life jackets stashed somewhere if you need one and there is certainly a plank for the malcontents. ;):D

10. Apostrophes

Apostrophes Member

Thank you once more for your welcomes. I hope I haven't started something with my ego comment. I was just musing on my experiences on forums and the fact that it was the people who claim to have no ego being the ones to keep a beady eye on.

Richard

11. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Welcome

About the egos... :rolleyes:

12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Smack! Agent provocateur!! lol

13. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I've got no ego. :p :D