1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B****y Chope

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mike40, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

If he objected to every one, I would have some sympathy.

He doesn’t, so he’ s a hypocrit.

I bet his Tory voting females adore him, though.

S

beatnik69 and Roger Hicks like this.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I reckon he's got a point:
    He's more of a democrat than most of his fellow members who just do as they're told so long as they can keep their trotters in the swill.

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And yet he was quite happy to let things through when put forward by his little mate. He's a misogynistic git.

S

peterba, Zou, Catriona and 4 others like this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Quite probably but even a stopped clock is accurate twice a day.

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Perhaps the gentleman's willy should be excised in a primitive tribal ceremony. He could still breed, but not get any pleasure from the physical process which of course would involve some mechanism for getting his sperm to their target.
    I do hope, mods, that I have not gone too far. This is not a cliteral suggestion. FGM to women is exactly as drastic as the procedure that I have outlined. FGM is far more serious to women than trimming men's foreskins is to men.

7. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

Yes,but since you don't know when,it doesn't help much.

Oh, and Chope is a misogynstic so-and-so; maybe he's JRM's even dimmer brother

8. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I will admit that I was perhaps partly inclined to afford him the benefit of the doubt, with his "procedural" objections to the Parliamentary Bill on 'upskirting'. However, the current instance - viewed against the backdrop of the previous one - does seem to point to a misogynistic tendency. He's starting, quite frankly, to look like a weirdo.

9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I can say no more than I consider him utterly reprehensible. A disgusting specimen.

10. peterba

Yes - despite my earlier inclination to avoid jumping to too-hasty conclusions, my view now accords with yours, Kate. There's something rather creepy about a Parliamentary record such as his.

Catriona likes this.
  11. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

The problem is that he doesn't apply these procedural objections to every PMB. He doesn't object to those introduced by his friends and his put forward some of his own without objection. He is simply a misogynist.

Zou likes this.
  12. peterba

Yes - that's why I changed my mind. In the first instance, I was unsure about whether he was acting for genuinely "procedural" reasons, but it's now quite plain that this is not the case.

beatnik69 likes this.
  13. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

14. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Made me quite queasy on noticing how similar Chope is to another political figure not liked a lot around here ...

TrumpChope.jpg
    My apologies if it's having the same effect on you.

dream_police and steveandthedogs like this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

I don't agree with Chope in general but this thread worries me. Chope was elected in 2017 by 69.6% of the voters in his Christchurch constituency. That means that 35,230 voted for him while a grand total of 15,403 voted for all the other parties combined. Comparing Chope with Trump (who lost the popular vote by something like 3,000,000 but scraped in via the electoral college) is frankly disengenuous.

16. Catriona

Unsurprising.
    Retirement la-la land for somewhat right of right tories.

PS or should that be ga-ga tories?

proseak likes this.
  17. Andrew Flannigan

Roger Hicks and Catriona like this.
  18. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Stay ahead of the game. Buy up a large chunk of locally available land. Then apply for planning permission for use as a crematorium and burial ground.

Catriona and dream_police like this.
  19. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

20. Catriona

here's my town Stornoway - and projected to 2041!
    [​IMG]