1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B.Film Camera-Minolta-x300

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by BigWill, Mar 29, 2018.

1. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Fishboy and steveandthedogs like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

? watch the video for what ?

I had one of those. Hated it.

3. BigWill

Sorry you didn't enjoy the video Pete.........sigh!:(

BigWill

4. PeteRob

you didn't give a reason to watch the video and i'm travelling (on a train at this moment) so why pay for the unknown?

5. BigWill

Well it's in the user review section of the site so I guess there's a bit of a clue there Pete but as you don't seem to quite understand the reason it's there it's because it's my review of the Minolta X300 film camera in case anyone was considering purchasing one or wondering how to use one. Sorry if you wasted your time viewing it but I honestly thought the reason for posting the review was self explanatory?

BigWill

6. PeteRob

It's OK. I didn't look at it because there was nothing to say why you posted it or that it was your creation. I'll look when I'm back on broadband.

I didn't notice it was user reviews - I use the "new posts" filter and there are hardly any user reviews normally

7. BigWill

Sorry about that omission on my part Pete, but like I said......it's the equipment review section of the site so I thought it went without saying that that was why the video was there? Anyway......I hope you get to watch it on broadband.......it's probably a bit long winded but I'm new to this reviewing caper so please forgive me for any of the video's shortcomings.

BigWill

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Pete's point is that people who read the site using the 'new posts' link don't always get any clear indication which forum the post is in.

9. BigWill

Ah.......wasn't aware of that. Apologies for any confusion but how exactly can I correct that so that people know what the new post is about given that the user review section tells me that the thread title must be laid out in a certain format......in this case B.Film camera-Minolta-x300?

10. PeteRob

makes sense now. When my beloved Konica kit was nicked (1985 ish) I used the insurance money to replace it and came out of the shop with s/h (nearly all of my FS-1 kit was s/h) minolta kit. I liked the X-700 body (still have it somewhere) but the overall experince was negative. The Hexanon lenses were magic and I had an 80-200 F2.8 2 touch zoom that I could not replace but overall I was very disappointed with the minolta. Adding a winder didn't close the gap. Itbwas my Dad's fault bringing the FS-1 in from a business trip to Japan. They were rare over here so used Hexanon lenses were cheap as chips.

spinno likes this.
  11. BigWill

I guess different people have different experiences with various cameras. I too have a Minolta X700 which I actually like a lot. PeteE has already beaten me to a review of it here on the site or I'd have done a review of it here as well. Still, it would be a dull world if we all liked the same thing. Apparently some deluded people actually like NIKON cameras......now what's that all about I ask you! lol ;) (Only joking!)

BigWill

12. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I would just include some text in your post, such as, "This is a video I made for my review of the ....."

13. BigWill

Okey dokey Tony. First time I've posted a review and never thought to do that but I will do from now on to save any further confusion and in case one of the mods is reading this then perhaps they would be so kind as to modify my post with some text like you have suggested as I am no longer able to modify the post myself. Apologies to all for the mistake.

BigWill

14. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I pressed 'new posts' saw your video come up and thought "Ah! a user review video of a Minolta X300."

I enjoyed the video - once I'd adjusted to understanding your accent!

Cheers, Jeff

15. BigWill

Lol Cheers Jeff, yes, I AM actually speaking English in the video though I understand that my broad Ulster-Scots/Ballymena accent may indeed be hard to decipher!:eek: Glad you enjoyed the video. :)

Big(Ulster-Scots) Will

16. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

a member of Brentwood Photographic Club was given one not working -- i checked and found the Capacitors had blown in the base-plate.

17. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

The Mother-out-law has a Centon, the version licence-built in China. The manual is quite funny - it's the identical English text to the original, but all the Japanese people in the photos have been replaced by Chinese people.

Adrian