1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B. Film Camera -- Minolta SR-T100X

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by PeteE, Sep 20, 2016.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I have been given several MINOLTA film cameras so here is a review of the earliest one the SR-T100X
    [​IMG]Minolta SR-T100X by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Given to me recently -- the SR-T100X was a cheaper version of the SR-T101:
    Single lens reflex camera with through-the-lens meter coupled to shutter and film speed.
    Meter sensitivity EV 3 to EV 17 at ASA 100 with f/1.4 lens.
    Film speeds supported ASA 6-6400
    Fully mechanical cloth focal plane shutter with speeds from 1-1/1000 sec plus B
    Shutter speeds 1-1/60 sec with electronic flash
    Oversized quick return mirror for no image cut-off even with supertelephoto lenses
    Exposure control needle visible in viewfinder
    Flash synchronisation (X only)
    Mat-Fresnel-field focusing screen with split-image spot surrounded by microprism band
    Automatic reset film counter
    Accessory hotshoe
    1977-1981 -- there is a card with a date bought in 1985 with this camera. I show it with two extra Rokkor lenses MC ( Meter-Coupled) type.

I had to renew all the foam sealing strips in the camera back but the special action of the Mirror Bumper does not seem to have rotten foam. The LENSES are SHARP and fully useable at full aperture as I have tested them.
    I did a VIDEO on this camera -- you can see it here :

SRT-100X with the MC W- Rokkor-SG 28mm f3.5 lens, 2007 dated Fuji Acros 100 rated at 80 ASA with Weston Master III and 'Incident Light' technique and I processed in RODINAL 1+50 for 13.5 mins @ 20oC. I got around 1/125th @ f4.5 except when i shot up into the sun then put 1/1000th @ f5.6
    [​IMG]Brit Museum 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    55mm MC Rokkor-PF at f5.6, TURA P150 film pprocessed in RODINAL 1+50 for 15 mins

[​IMG]Epping and Ongar Railway by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

2. hotwenxynt

hotwenxynt In the Stop Bath

Not a bad camera. I have one which get's an occasional airing and does what it should - produce quite good photographs when it is coupled with the very good Minolta 28/85 MD zoom. I have always liked the Minolta marque and this being one of their last all metal bodied models will soldier on for years. The battery required was the now unobtainable 1.35v Mecury type, but mine has a diet of one 1.5 silver oxide and the exposures are more or less spot on. I have compared it with a Minolta Spotmeter F where both were pointed at a plain brick wall which was at times in shadow, then again in sunlight, and there was less than 1/3rd of a stop difference. It does not appear to be voltage sensitive.