1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autumn Gold

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Craig20264, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Any merit? Or caught in no mans land again?

Autumn-Gold-LR.jpg

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

For me, there's two great pictures here. The bottom half is a vibrant battle pf opposites. Autumn encapsulated.
    The top half pulls at my heart strings and I want to see more. It's so subtle and atmospheric.
    With both together, I'm pulled up and down.

Just me, I'll bet! Others will probably see and say differently. ;)

Kate

Craig20264 likes this.
  3. Craig20264

OOH, you just made me look up and I think the waterline is on the wonk! :eek: Schoolboy Error!

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Haha! It is a little left hand down a bit. ;)

5. Craig20264

D'you know. I think it's an optical illusion created by the top left tree. Just had it back in PS to straighten it, and it looks ok. :confused: I dunno!

6. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Yes there are two pictures here.....for some!..but for me both the pictures blend in together indeed it is a lovely subdued Autumn picture and I love Autumn time, I like this picture very much and it's certainly different to the norm, so we'll done and thank you for sharing it with us.....

Craig20264 likes this.
  7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is not enough for 2 pictures in this frame so I'd lose a bit off the top. The vantage point I am sure offers plenty of opportunity for a wider view.

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes the misty pic at top looks like the one to go for, but it is also a bit of a cliche (a nice one). You have chosen to relegate that bit and do something more creative, so I like it.

9. Catriona

See? Told you I was out of step. :rolleyes:

10. Oleg2016

Oleg2016 Well-Known Member

Nice!:)

11. Craig20264

Thank you all for the input everyone. It did begin life as a wide shot. This is quite heavily cropped as I wanted the gold against the green reeds. I tried cropping it down further but decided a sliver of context was the way forward. As usual though, all opinions and versions are valid.
    Thanks again.