1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of August 2010 . Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of August 2010 .

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAX. SIZE plus Free programs' sticky post, which can be found at the top of this board).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Nearly ready...

I think the harvesting will happen in the next week or two.

3. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We cycled through to Newcastle today and saw this chap eating swords on the quayside. Crowd of spectators made photography difficult. I focused and then held the camera above my head to get a clearer shot, worked out reasonably well. Sometimes you get lucky!

4. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

First View Fox

[​IMG]

At the BWC. One of this years cubs. Converted from raw and resized, no other changes. K20d, Tamron 70-300mm, 1/60 @ f8

5. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Honey bees

[​IMG]

Closest I dare get to the honey bees at Cambridge University Botanic Garden at 10:30 this morning.

6. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

Tomatoes. :)

[​IMG]

In hindsight, maybe it was a mistake to buy ten plants...
    I think we'll be eating tomatoes for a month whrn that lot matures.

My garden, about 6pm, Nikon D70.

:)

7. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Mushrooms

[​IMG]

Been following their progress in the garden lately. :)

8. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Thirst

[​IMG]

Its been really rather dry lately.

9. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

From a Sikh festival in Middlesbrough today, this was the first photograph I took of it

[​IMG]

10. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Darwin and new friend and fellow Old English Sheepdog, Mischief:

[​IMG]

14:31, Panasonic LX-3

11. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

nights drawing in and evenings so gloomy here,so put lights back on bike ready for a spin around the hills after work tommorow.

[​IMG]

Fuji 6500,ISO 800

Nig.

12. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Not a great picture but unusual enough to be remarkable because it was in my front garden.

Taken yesterday at around noon.

[​IMG]

MickLL

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Tax Returns

[​IMG]

I spent an enthralling Sunday filling out 4 years of tax returns.

Date & Time: 01 August 2010, 13:15
    Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Notes: ISO 400 1/200 f4

14. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Re: Bedfordshire County Archery Championships

Sunday August 1st 20010 - the fiftieth running of the Beds Championships.

I got to take the official picture of this year's Champions.

6:16 p.m on a dark and threatening evening.

[​IMG]

15. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

One Sofa. One Gurk.

[​IMG]

In the preparation of the move to our new home things just seem to be falling into place. Like finding this sofa in a second hand furniture store we've never taken an innerest in, but something drew us in... [​IMG]

DTG: 01/08/2010 PM
    Loc: Living Room (new house)
    Cam: The Gurk's Pentax E-75

16. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

From the Coast

Late one from me, but it was taken on the 1st Aug 2010 around 8pm

[​IMG]

Mucking about with my new Android phone's camera (HTC Desire) and an app called "RetroCamera" - not as awful as you might expect. Fun and frivolous but as everything is done on the phone this is straight "from camera".

17. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

View from the cab of my train whilst waiting to depart from Eastcroft sidings for Nottingham station. Taken with Nightshot on my Sony V1 compact.

21:40 Hrs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.